Chapter 3

A/N: Please note that the pictures used in these chapters are not mine. I found them on Pinterest.

I dont why but nowadays my chapters are not upto my mark. And this chapter is one such example. Not my best chapter.

Also, I have more votes for starting my new book single parent trope.

The book idea is around..
Arnav and Khushi met each other for parent-child day at school. Arnav is on behalf of his neice/nephew while Khushi is on behalf of her daughter/son. Strangely, something attracts Arnav to Khushi and he asks her out but Khushi refuses since she had no time to waste on stupid love since she is giving all her time to her daughter/son. And the story will pick up from there.
(First chapter will be up on 22 or 23 Oct)

Date published - 22 Oct 2023

(BACK TO THE STORY!)

Although the youngest son of Arnav's family had found himself a bride, saving them all the trouble and effort, their reliable eldest however is fresh off his breakup. And so they had signed him up in every matrimony on the planet and so far there haven't been any good prospects, until one day.

Akash was lazily lying on the sofa, checking bride profiles for his brother while Arnav was at the hospital. He was checking the profile of the matches that the app had suggested, while his mother and grandfather were sitting next to him, glued to their seat. Funnily enough, one of the matrimony matches that today was Khushi. The app matched Arnav to Khushi. Talk about coincidence.

Akash immediately took a screenshot and sent it to Khushi, for laughs.

Akash - "Finally found my sister-in-law."

Khushi too found it hilarious and replied with a laughing emoji and message -
"I should tell my parents to deactivate my profile on matrimony sites."

However, it left an afterthought in the back of Arnav's mom and grandfather's mind. Although grandpa felt that both the families were hesitant to ask for marriage since they were nervous about their relationship and the fact that Khushi just lost her boyfriend 6 months ago, but grandpa decided to take a chance. After all, he's dying anyways and his days were numbered. And so, he took the chance. After consulting with Arnav's parents, he called up Khushi's dad and casually asked for Khushi's hand in marriage for Arnav.

Although her dad was initially taken back since both the families had been walking on eggshells for this topic, he replied in the most diplomatic way that he would be happy to have Arnav as his son-in-law and that he would have to check with Khushi since this would be her decision to make. He didnt want to pressure her since he knew that Khushi was still grieving the loss of Abhi and knew that she needed more time.

Arnav's grandpa agreed in understanding and the next thing that Khushi's dad did was check the same with Khushi. He promised her that it's just a suggestion and that her reply would not affect the families' relationship. This left Khushi on weird spot.

The idea sounded good to Khushi since it was better than the idea of marrying a total stranger.

Arnav was afterall her best friend and someone whom she has known for nearly two decades. He was someone who knew her too well, rather too well much to her dismay. He could read her like an open book. But, she has always thought of him as her best friend and perhaps something more. And it was too soon.. the timing of it all. She needed time to collect herself back from herself and from Abhinav.

To Arnav, the idea of marrying Khushi was not bad at all. After all, she was his best friend and it was better getting married to her who knew almost every single thing about him, rather than a total stranger who had to get to know him and all that nonsense. The time and effort that he spent with Sheetal, only for it to turn out so unfruitful. Plus, marrying Khushi would mean that he would be fulfilling his grandfather's wishes. Sure, he loved Khushi but Khushi doesn't love him. Or that's what he thought.