Chapter 3.1

Happy Diwali or Deepavali (depending on which part of the country you are from) to all my lovely readers.

Been super busy with festive things so it's short updates this time.

Hehe.

Till next time. ❤️

Date published- 13 Nov 2023

(NOW BACK TO THE STORY)

Eventually, soulmates meet for the life written together.

Yep, everyone at home call Khushi as 'Kooki'. The name actually came from Kooki herself. When she was very small, she was not able to pronounce her name correctly and would tell her name as 'Kooki'. And the name stuck on.

'Kooki' is one of many names that Arnav calls Khushi. He also called her as 'potato head', 'springy' since her curvy hair sometimes resembled other of spring, 'babe', 'baby', 'my lady' or 'kiddo' or 'child' whenever he wants to mock her, 'majesty' and sometimes, even 'princess' and also 'PITA' (Pain-In-The-Ass)

Similarly, Khushi had a ton of embarrassing nicknames for Arnav. They range from: as simple as 'babe', to extraverted 'babyyy', to 'child' whenever she wants to lecture him, 'ass' whenever he plays a prank on her or annoys her, to 'hippo', to 'champ', to 'bud', to 'darling' and to 'dude'.

(A week later).
Just before Covid lock down had hit, Payal had moved in with Akash. Initially Payal had tried to keep things "boyish" and pretty simple. Like the colour theme was brown, black and blue. Brown bedsheets and dark blue curtains. But later, she realized that how much he loves whenever she gets excited about decorating the house and he actually likes her style so now she just goes for it. His flag is literally like a really pretty forest green

On the contrary, Arnav-Khushi's house was totally choas. One would literally tell which side of room belonged to room. It was jawing or bad to look at, since somehow the aesthetic actually worked.It looked like Khushi was summoning all the demons with her dark mode on all her gadgets, while Arnav was frolicking with unicorns. More like taking a dip into the ocean. The calmness of the blue.

Payal watched Arnav and Khushi arguing over which music to play and in the end, they settled just playing the funkiest songs that they could find. Like the playlist of Lion King or old Disney songs. And slowly they started to sing along to the songs until they all were screaming their lungs out. Akash too joined in the craziness and Payal went shy and little jealous. She wished that Akash and her had the comfort level that Arnav and Khushi had. But then again, those two have known each other for almost two decades.

Payal also realized that out of the two of them, Arnav is the most patient & mature between the two, since Khushi was always like 'are we there yet?' and 'can we stop me? I need to PEEE' leaving Arnav to glare at her 'we just had a break ONE HOUR AGO WHY DIDN'T YOU PEE"

Khushi replied sheepishly- "I didn't have to then, frogie."

Arnav -"FUCK YOU okay fineee"

To Payal, these two prove that 'God will take something away from you, only with the intention of replacing it with something better.

Dancing in the rain really did bring the kid in them.

It's been nearly a year since Arnav-Khushi & Payal-Akash's wedding. Arnav's grandfather had passed away within a few weeks after their wedding.

A/N - Payal is a fashion designer and vice president in her father's company, while Akash is a college professor.

Although Khushi and Arnav's friends and families know about their marriage, their work friends had no clue about this and both Arnav and Khushi didn't feel the need to tell them either, since the whole marriage still felt unreal to them.