2: Movie

October 21st

     One week has gone by of knowing the gang, and I have to say, everything is going great! They still talk to me in class and joke around with me at lunch, so that's a good sign. I was worried they would start disliking me after knowing me a little longer, but that doesn't seem like the case anymore.

     I haven't been able to hang out a lot with them outside of school because my parents are scared about my grades, but I make sure to be with them as much as I can during school.

     Currently, I'm sitting in history listening to the teacher talk about the revolution, nothing new that I haven't learned other years. At least next is lunch, and I'll be able to eat the pb and j sandwich I made for myself!

     The bell rings and the teacher rushes us out of class so they can have their own lunch. I walk excitedly to the cafeteria, but my good mood is ruined because Travis is leaning against the locker staring at me. Was he waiting for me to walk by?

     I continue to walk past him hoping he wouldn't notice me, but he did. He practically threw himself in front of me, stopping me from going further.

     "We need to talk," he says sternly.

     "Travis, what do you want? And keep it short, I'm trying to go eat,"

     "I usually don't hurt girls, but you've been getting on my nerves, so you can be an exception," He gives me a sickening grin.

     "What did I even do? I never talk to you,"

     "You've been getting too close to those freaks, so now you're a freak, and that means I get to hurt you,"

     That is the most fucking stupid thing I've heard. Travis must be an idiot for thinking that is a good enough reason to bully someone.

     "Keep saying mean things, whatever, just get out of my way," I slightly shove him to the side and walk away. I can hear him angrily muttering something about how he's going to kill me, but honestly, I doubt he could. At least I wouldn't go down without a fight, I would fuck him up if he tried to physically hurt me.

     I walk into the cafeteria and sit in my usual spot. Everyone is there chatting about their days. Ash is fuming mad because of an interaction she had in math. A kid saw her drawing and started mocking her saying artist don't go anywhere in life and she would end up homeless. I try to comfort her and say her art is amazing, but she still doesn't get any less angry at the kid.

     "Guys what should we do after school?" Larry asks everyone, "It's been so long since we've all been together."

     "I can't do anything today because I have babysitting. Maybe Friday?" Ash adds.

     "Works for me," Sal shrugs.

     "Me too,"

     "I'll go... do whatever," Maple speaks up. It's strange, she doesn't hang out with everyone most of the time, unless Chug is there. She's very distant and hardly speaks, but that's what is so interesting about her, she has that mysterious vibe you can't ignore.

     "What are we even doing?" I ask.

     "What about the movie theater? We haven't been there in so long," Ash suggests.

     "That's perfect! Then it's settled, let's all meet at the movies tomorrow at five, bring snacks and stuff to sneak in!" Larry grins.

     I'm excited, I haven't been to the movie theater in Nockfell yet because my parents aren't really movie people. I make a plan with Ash for me and my mom to pick her up and drop us off at the theater. She happily agrees and says she'll bring snacks.

...

October 22nd

     Friday comes around fast, and I'm home getting ready for the movie. I have no clue what we'll be watching tonight, but I hope it's a comedy or action film.

     I throw on my large black hoodie (Perfect for hiding snacks in) and my black ripped jeans. I make sure to grab a bottle of water and stuff it into the middle pocket of the hoodie for me to drink later. My mom comes to get me, and we both head to Ash's house.

     Ash is waiting outside wearing a baggy purple hoodie that is the same color as her normal sweater. She hops into the back of the car with me and gives my mom directions to the movie theater.

     "I'm so glad Katie has such sweet friends, you are very lovely Ashley," My mother compliments.

     "Aww thank you Ma'am. I try my best to make sure Katie is always comfortable around us,"

     "Thank you, Ashley, make sure to keep an eye on her, I don't want her getting into trouble," My mom turns her head slightly and gives us a wink.

     "Yeah, yeah, whatever, I'm not a bad kid," I chuckle.

     "Oh, we're here! Just pull into that parking lot!" Ash points out the small entrance, and my mom pulls up to the curb. We see that Sal, Larry, and Todd are already here.

     "Have a good time girls! I'll be here when the movie ends to drive you back home,"

     We step out of the car and go to our friends. "Who are we waiting for?" I ask.

     "Just Neil and Maple," Todd informs.

     The group of us linger outside a little longer, stuffing bags of candy into our jackets and pockets. Larry somehow managed to conceal a liter of soda in his hoodie. When I ask why he needs that big of a bottle, he only shrugs and says him and Sal will share.

     Neil arrives and parks his car. Maple also gets dropped off by her mom. With that, we all walk in and buy our tickets. Turn out we were seeing a horror film. I really should have known, but I thought there would be a slight chance we would watch something else.

     The theater is already dark when we step inside and walk to find seats. I sit in the middle of Ash and Larry. We all take out the candy we stuffed away and distribute them. Larry leans over and whispers that he'll also share his soda with me, and I happily agree.

     The movie starts and I can tell this is a pretty cheesy film. It's not quite as scary as I thought it would be, and even makes me laugh at some parts, just because they are simply so badly filmed.

...

     "That was pretty great, wasn't it?" Larry asks. We are all standing outside waiting for our rides. Neil and Todd have already left together saying they were getting food. No one wanted to tag along because they thought they should have a little date.

     "It was pretty entertaining," I smirk. It was a predictable movie. The character moves into a haunted house and doesn't realize it until the ghosts try to kill her and steal her soul. In the end she survives and moves out, and then someone else moves in, continuing the cycle.

     "We've seen worse than the ghosts in the movie, in the apartments," Sal chimes in.

     "Yeah, but at least the ghosts don't try to kill us," Larry jokes.

     "Fair point,"

     My mom pulls up and smiles to Ash and me.

     "Well guys it's been fun, see you later!"

     "Bye Katie,"

     "Have a good night,"

     "Did you two have a good time?" My mom asks as we climbed into the backseat.

     "Yeah, it was great," I smile.

     Mom drops off Ash and we go home. I'm starving, even though I ate multiple bags of candy. Back home, mom says she made homemade creamy potato soup, my favorite meal.

     I go to sleep happy from my day, and the delicious food. At least I'll be able to sleep tonight because the movie wasn't that scary.