14: Stars

March 26th

Finally, the long-anticipated school dance, is tonight! After the boring school activities, I was looking forward to getting all dressed up and having a fun night with the gang.

Ash agreed to meet me at 5 PM to do make up together and take some pictures. Larry was going to pick us up at 7 for the dance. Right now, it was 4:30, and I got my dress out from my closet and laid it out on my bed. It was a simple black dress that had spaghetti straps and slit above the knee. I liked the simplicity of it, and how elegant it made you look. The black of the dress perfectly contrasting my pink hair.

 The black of the dress perfectly contrasting my pink hair

*picture from Pinterest!*

I also had perfect black heels to wear, but just in case, I packed away a pair of white tennis shoes in a backpack. After the dance, you all decided to go back to the apartments and have a sleep over in treehouse, so now I needed to pack for the night, tossing a black t-shirt and gray sweatpants into the bag. Once I was done putting my overnight things away, my mom called up to me in my room, saying Ash was here. Sure enough, Ash burst through my door holding up a bag containing her dress.

"Let's get ready!" she cheered.

We put on our dresses and admired each other in my full length mirror. Ash's dress was a pale blue with black lace designs over. I thought it was unusual for Ash to wear a color like blue, but the dress looked so beautiful on her.

 I thought it was unusual for Ash to wear a color like blue, but the dress looked so beautiful on her

*Picture from Pinterest!*

She also paired the dress with some black gloves that went to her elbows, but she didn't wear them yet, since we still needed to do our hair and make up.

Make up was easy for me, since I always stuck to simple techniques. I put on some black eyeliner and gave myself a small wing. Also some dark blue eyeshadow, that you couldn't see unless you were very close to my face. I kept a natural shade of lipstick that was just slightly darker then my pale lips. When I was done, I looked over at Ash who was deep in concentration with her own makeup. She had black eyeshadow on with white glitter on her eyelids. She also put on an extravagant amount of eyeliner, but even though it was a lot, it looked perfect on her. She matched it with dark maroon lipstick.