10: New ride?

(A/N- I am updating early because I have no time tomorrow to update. Hope you enjoy!)

December 12th

Larry called my home phone early in the morning and told me to get over to the apartments and meet him and Sal. He wouldn't explain any further, so I had no choice but to throw on a warm hoodie and pants and walk to Addison apartments.

A thin layer of snow has stuck to the ground but has become mushy and soft under the sun. I hope later into the month, they'll be more snow so we can have a snow day.

I see Larry and Sal waiting outside of the apartment building. I rush across the street to them.

"So, what are we doing?" I ask. I shudder slightly from the cold breeze.

"We are going to pick something up! But it's a surprise," Larry smiles.

"Are we walking?"

"Yup. Hope you wore something cozy, we'll be walking for a while," Larry begins to walk away down the sidewalk. I follow behind, beside Sal.

"Did he tell you what we were picking up?" I ask curiously.

"Of course, but I'm not telling you," Sal says with a smirk under his prosthetic.

"No fair,"

We continue down the sidewalk until we reach a neighborhood. Maybe we were going to someone's house? But what could Larry possible be needing from someone?

I examine the houses and they are pretty nice. Most are nicer than my house, which says something because my place is two stories and wasn't even run down when we bought it. This must be the rich neighborhood of Nockfell.

Larry leads us to a house that is painted a nice shade of pale blue. The garage is open, and a man is standing inside. When he sees Larry approaching, he comes out and meets us in his lawn.

"So, you ready to take the ol' girl?" The man asks.

"Yup, and I brought the rest of the money," Larry hands him an envelope and the man looks though and counts the money.

"Ok, here are the keys. She's over on the side of the house. Take care of her for me," The man smiles.

Larry begins to walk to the side of the house the man mentioned, and Sal and I follow.

"Larry what did you buy?"

"You'll see," He turns back and flashes me a smile.

When we turn the corner, I see what he means. There's a black truck parked under a tarp. It looks pretty old, maybe ten years, and some paint is chipped around the rim of the wheels.

"You finally got yourself a car? How did you even get money for this?" I laugh in amazement.

"Odd jobs. Racked some lawns, fixed some things around the apartments and Mr. Addison paid me," Larry walks over to the truck and unlocks it, jumping into the driver's side. "Come on guys, we're going for a ride!"

I ran to the truck and got in the passenger side. Sal got in the back and sat in the middle so he could still see both of us. The back row was small, so Sal was pretty crushed back there.

Larry pulled out of the man's house and gave him a final wave before driving down the street, and out of the neighborhood.

"So, should we grab some food and then drive out to the countryside?" Larry asked.