Chapter 28

"Claire Choi, please report to the music room." A voice over the intercom called out. Claire stood up from her table with a confused look before excusing herself from the physics lesson.

She made her way to the music room before opening the door only to meet her music teacher who also conducted the school choir sitting on a chair by the piano. "Claire! How are you?" Maria Alvarez brightly asked as Claire walked into the room.

"Hi Mrs Alvarez. I'm good and you?" Claire smiled. "I'm great. You must be wondering why I called you here?" She answered gesturing to the seat next to her by the piano keys.

"A little bit." Claire nervously laughed sitting down. "As you know the annual talent show is coming up in a month or so and the school's choir is going to be performing." Maria started crossing left leg over the right.

Claire nodded in understanding signalling her to carry on. "And they were supposed to be performing with a violinist and cellist but they both just cancelled on me." Maria sadly smiled.

"I called you here to ask if you and your sister could please help and perform." Maria finished with a pleasing look on her face. "I'd be more than happy to, I'm just not sure about her but I'll call and ask her." Claire smiled.

"Please," Maria pleaded. "If you could let me know by the end of the day, that would be great." Claire nodded standing up from her chair. "I'll get back to you." She said walking to the door.

"That's all for today. Claire you'll have to get the rest of the notes from someone." Mr Henry concluded sitting down at his chair right after Claire walked in. "Yes Mr Henry." Claire nodded.

She reached for her phone in her pockets as she walked to table sending Iseul a text.

Iseul🎻

Unniiieeee
Can I please call you during lunch????

Iseul🎻
Sure...if this meeting wraps up quickly.

Yk sometimes I forget that you actually have a job

Iseul🎻
Do I really act jobless😭

Yes👀🖐🏻
No offence

Iseul🎻
None taken
This meeting is so boring👎🏼
This man keeps on talking about how this ad is a priority because it's for Gucci
...like we get it

Girl Gucci???
Also isn't it like 6:30 am in Korea

Iseul🎻
It is😭I had to wake up at 5:45 for it
I was so pissed. I still am lowkey

...

"Oh sure, I'd love to. Just tell your teacher to send me the sheet music because I won't be able to arrive in Nevada until a day before." Iseul said over the phone to Claire.

"I'll tell her." Claire responded. The two both said they're goodbyes before hanging up. Iseul stood up from her desk chair and walked out the office being greeted by a panting Yeontan.

Iseul slightly bent down to pick him and rubbed his coat. She walked with him to kitchen and fed him before leaving him behind to eat.

She walked into hers and Taehyung's bedroom where Taehyung was sleeping shirtless in bed. She walked to the bed and got in accidentally waking him up. "Mmh." Taehyung groaned.