001| chapter one

"ALL RIGHT, THATS GOOD, DREW. YOU CAN SHUT IT DOWN NOW." ED WARREN SAID, as he and Lorraine stood on the stage in-front of loads of curious college students, their eyes wandering over the two adults.

Maeve sat beside Drew, she hated talking in-front of an audience, she always stuttered over lines or didn't make enough eye contact, or just bluntly make a fool of herself.

Instead she looked like an intrigued student, she even had a notebook and pen on her lap for some apparent reason.

"Hit the lights." Ed said.

"Hey, why aren't down there with your parents?" Drew whispered. Maeve turned to him and grinned. "I despise confrontation." She whispered back.

Drew furrowed his eyebrows. "But you're Maeve Warren..?" Drew questioned.

Maeve chuckled and pointed a finger. "And that's exactly why. Plus knowing me, I was definitely make a fool out of myself." She laughed.

Drew raises his eyebrows as he chuckles along. "Ok. Maeve Warren." He said in a teasing tone making Maeve roll her eyes in amusement.

"So we got the church to send a priest over to perform a blessing on the house and the occupants. Whatever was oppressing that apartment was no longer with them." Ed said, "any questions?" Loads of hands flew up.

Ed pointed to a girl who had her hand up. "Yes."

"Where's the doll now?" The girl asked.

Lorraine spoke up. "Someplace safe."

Another persons hand flew up as Ed pointed them out. "So what are you guys?" A man asked. "I mean, what do people call you?"

Lorraine and Ed looked at each before answering the questions. "Uh, well, we've been called Demonologists. That's one name for us." Ed said, speaking into the microphone. "Ghost hunters, paranormal researchers."

"Kooks." Lorraine added, making everyone laugh. Maeve snorted.

"Wackos." Ed added on, the laughter continuing. "But we prefer to be known simply as Ed and Lorraine Warren." Lorraine said.

                        _____________
Since the 1960s, Ed and Lorraine Warren have been known as the worlds most renowned paranormal investigators.

Lorraine is a gifted clairvoyant, while Ed is the only non-ordained Demonologist recognised by the Catholic Church.

Their daughter, Maeve Warren is said to have vision like abilities, just like her mother.

Out of the thousands of cases throughout their controversial careers, there is one case so malevolent, they've kept it locked away, until now..
                         _____________

"MAE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐘 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃, as she caught her sister, red-handed trying to sneak into the basement, were their dad and some reporter went.

"I'm trying to sneak into the basement, go to nana." Maeve stated, shooing her little sister away, but Judy stood their with a determined look on her face. "I want to come." Judy said and Maeve shook her head. "No go away."