006| chapter six

"𝑭𝑶𝑹 𝑨 𝑮𝑼𝒀 𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑫𝑶𝑬𝑺𝑵'𝑻 𝑩𝑬𝑳𝑰𝑬𝑽𝑬..𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑳𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑬𝑫 𝑨 𝑳𝑰𝑻𝑻𝑳𝑬 𝑭𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑫 𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑾𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑫𝑶𝑶𝑹 𝑺𝑳𝑨𝑴𝑴𝑬𝑫 𝑺𝑯𝑼𝑻." 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃, biting into his apple, before a smug smile appeared on his lips.

Brad put down his cup of coffee. "Must of been a draft." He said, as a soft scoff came from Maeve's mouth who was sitting down on the ground, her head resting on the edge of couch behind them.

"That's funny." She breathed, as Brad turned to look at her before turning back.

Maeve took out her pocket knife, observing the sharp edges, touching the sharp stingy edge.

She must be going mad, she was exhausted but she couldn't just go to sleep. And she probably wouldn't anyway.

The clock turned to 3:08.

"A draft never put that look on my face before." Drew said softly, finishing Maeve's sentence before turning to look at Brad.

Brad nodded to the clock. "I believe the clock."

"It's 3:08." He said, as Maeve gasped sarcastically, causing the two men to turn their attention to the brunette behind them who clearly seemed like she was on drugs from the amount of coffee she had.

"Not shit Sherlock." She snapped, Drew grinned as Brad sighed, rolling his eyes.

Maeve turned back to scanning across the room out of boredom since they were absolutely nothing to do.

_____________

IT WAS WAY TO CHATTERY FOR MA𝑬𝑽E'S LIKING, she sat beside Drew and Officer Brad, sipping away at the coffee that Roger had kindly made for her.

Maeve rested her head in her hands, she just wanted quietness for a few seconds, was that just to much to ask for.

"Do you see ghosts?"

BOOM! Personal record.

Just within three seconds, Maeve was being questioned by the Perron kids.

Well, only one of them for now.

She lifted her head up, pushing back her hair as she shot a small smile to the curious redhead child that sat next to her.

She took a sip of her coffee before nodding. "Yes and no. Sometimes I only feel their presence." The redhead squinted her eyes.

"Is there any ghosts in here now?" She asked, her eyes peering around the room. Maeve let out a chuckle before realising that the child was actually curious.

What is this? An Interrogation.

Maeve didn't even bother to look around. "No." She said, plain and simple.

Before she could questioned again, Maeve stood up, walking over to her parents. "Morning hun." Ed smiled as Maeve just waved it off. "Yeah, morning."

"Did you get any sleep last night?" Ed asked as Maeve raised her eyebrows. "Whoever did sleep last night, give me your secrets because I was up all night trying to figure out what the fuck is wrong with this house!"

She looked at her, then realised. "Sorry dad. No, I didn't get any sleep last night." Maeve said as she awkwardly walked passed him, sitting back where she was before.

Ed gave his daughter a look. "I can see that."

Maeve took a seat next to Drew, who was holding a conservation with Brad. "I cant wait to catch this fucking spirit." She spat. "Demon." She corrected herself.

Brad and Drew turned to her, both with different facial expressions. "I can feel you there." Brad said, before getting up and announcing he was leaving.

While Drew smirked. "Poor you." He cooed as Maeve rolled her eyes.

Roger spoke up. "I was thinking what If took the girls out for ice cream, honey?" He asked, looking at his wife.

"Yeah!" The girls yelled. Carolyn shook her head. "I think I'll just stay here and get some sleep." She said.

"Maeve could come if she wants." Roger said, looking at Ed who looked at Maeve, she continuosly shook her head but Ed smiled. "She'd love to."

_____________

- this chapter infuriates me for some reason. but another one update! chapter seven will be out soon! i promise.