007| chapter seven

"𝑰 𝑫𝑶𝑵'𝑻 𝑾𝑨𝑵𝑵𝑨 𝑮𝑶 𝑻𝑶 𝑮𝑬𝑻 𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴." 𝐌𝐀𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃, folding her arms over her chest, she cocked her head to the side glaring daggers into her fathers eyes.

Ed copied her posture. "I'm your father, you listen to me, and I say you need a breather."

Maeve rolled her eyes. "I don't need a breather, I need to find out what or whom is-"

He gave Maeve a soft smile, and she felt a bit bad for exploding on him.

"Fine." She grumbled. "But I won't enjoy it."

Ed smiled, ruffling her hair to which she shivered, walking outside.

She shot Roger a smile before slipping into the car.

Oh mother of fucking god, kill me now.

Maeve felt squished up against all the small kids, everyone was talking and squealing and smiling and giggling.

She felt violated, no one was giving her personal space, she groaned as leaned to where Drew was sitting, which was at the front.

Drew looked at her from the passenger seat, as Maeve arched her eyebrows, she moved closer.

"Didn't know you would be coming." Maeve said, leaning her arm on the rest board, as she looked at Drew.

"Thought I would come for your emotional support." Drew replied as Maeve laughed loudly, loud enough for some of the small kids to look at her.

She smiled. "Thanks for that. But I would prefer if I was doing some productive and not getting ice cream." Maeve said, looking at him.

"Maeve Warren doesn't like ice cream?" Drew smirked, as Maeve hit his arm. "That's not acceptable."

"I never said I didn't like ice cream, you cow!" Maeve whispered-yelled just as Roger got into the car.

Drew gave Maeve a small wink which made her roll her eyes, but unexpectedly her cheeks were flushing pink.

Roger turned radio on as some hippy styled music played as Maeve hummed along to the lyrics, the window was down,
a slight breeze ran through her hair.

She smiled and sighed.

Few minutes later and the car stopped, all the girls except Maeve practically jumped out of the car.

Maeve rolled her eyes, opening the door, she walked alongside Drew.

"Maeve do you want anything?"
Roger asked, looking at the ice cream parlour, which had a few good flavours.

Maeve shook her head. "No I'm not hungry." She smiled as she scanned around the shop, feeling the Perron Girls looking at her.

She smiled at them awkwardly before one of them waved her over.

And Maeve having not really any choice other then to go over there and talk, well there was always that she could just run out of the store but instead decided to be a human being and walked over.

"Hi." Maeve smiled, as one of the little girls with chocolate brown hair looked up at her smiled. "Is there something wrong..?" She asked quietly.

One of the little girls, the red head one, April smiled brightly. "She can see ghosts!" Maeve smiled awkwardly and shook her head. "No, not really. Only their presence but-"

"That's so cool!" Nancy exclaimed as Maeve nodded before Roger announced it was time to go.

Maeve let out a sigh of relief as she walked over to Drew. "I'm so awkward that it's gotten to a point where it's genuinely not ok anymore." She joked as Drew chuckled.