Three Lifetimes

Chapter 78

Crown Princess Elora
Huticah

Elora watched in terror as her sister bowled over for her husband, a gratuitous cry from her as she wrapped her hands over his bleeding body. She cried uncontrollably that Elora felt her heart splinter into pieces for her loss. That morning, Fu Boya had laughed and played around with his father, who knew it would be the last?

Looking around at the bloodshed scene that had become a river, Elora almost lost her footing. For what they had fought for, she did not understand it. On the ground were brothers, sisters, fathers, and mothers of many who waited at home.

Only because of a son who could not let go of the wrong done to his father and wished to accomplish "filial piety". He deemed his father's life to be worth thousands of lives. If life was principled that way, "For each life taken a thousand should die in retribution," would the world still stand?

It was complete and utter madness. What was she to say to her people when they would see her arrive home defeated and with no words to appease for the loss of their loved ones?

Yuwen Hong always said he cared, but deep down, he was quite selfish and one minded, refusing to see reason and to understand. If this was his love, she did not want it.

Love does not hurt. It does not betray and steals one's happiness and peace of mind.

She loathed him.

Her heart accelerated in pacing, and she felt her veins turn cold. An overwhelming surge of strength that could not be controlled swayed her back and forth before a loud piercing scream broke from the back of her throat.

To answer her summoning, the sky blasted loudly as an untamable storm would. Lighting coloured the sky in yellow, while grey overshadowed the once blue skies. The war that raged in full force calmed as people looked up in confusion. As if that was not enough warning for them, a boom rocked the earth commencing an earthquake.

Everyone started to run for their lives. The sky had become too fierce as in the midst of grey was crimson fire about to rain on them. Yet it was not fire that rained, it was pebbles of freezing red snow that fell.

Looking down the summit, she saw people slip onto the ground, their hands desperately clawing at the rocky terrain as they crawled in the midst of the chaotic flight. Elora had never felt so strong and unstoppable. With each step she took, a sense of exhilaration coursed through her veins, leaving her exhilarated and curious about the limits of her abilities.

Curling her fingers into fists, she channeled the intense energy within her, and a sudden burst of wind, fierce and untamed, whipped through the surrounding landscape. The once serene trees lining the mountainside began to sway violently, their leaves rustling in fear as they were mercilessly lashed by the gales.

Even the massive boulders, each weighing tons, were not immune to her newfound power. They started to shudder and tumble, dislodged from their ancient resting places high on the rocky peaks, creating a tumultuous cascade that sent shockwaves through the mountains.

As the world around her responded to her unbridled strength, Elora's eyes widened with wonder and a touch of trepidation. She was beginning to grasp the potential of her abilities, and the possibilities were both thrilling and terrifying. It was a moment of self-discovery that left her eager to explore the extent of her powers and the impact she could have on the world.

However, the more she exerted herself did she realise she was becoming faint that she would collapse. What if she was driving herself into death?

Noticing that the battle had dispelled and many who could had taken flight, she calmed herself and slowly eased her power. With moderate pacing did her surroundings calm down and normalcy return.