Chapter 20: The Death of T'Chaka

At Vienna, multiple news reporters were reporting on the accords.

News Anchor #3: At a special United Nations conference 117 countries have come together to ratify the Sokovia Accords.

T'Challa wears a sharp suit and stands, looking through a glass wall.

UN staffer: Excuse me, Miss Romanoff?

Natasha: Yes? UN staffer: These need your signature.

T'Challa looks over at Natasha.

Natasha: Thank you. Natasha Romanoff: Thanks.

T'Challa: I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight.

Natasha: Oh, well, it's not always so flattering.

T'Challa: You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill. I wouldn't think you would be particularly comfortable in this company.

Natasha: Well, I'm not.

T'Challa: That alone makes me glad you're here, Miss Romanoff.

Natasha: Why? You don't approve of all this?

T'Challa: The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred.

King T'Chaka: Unless you need to move a piano.

T'Challa: Father.

King T'Chaka: Son. Miss Romanoff.

Natasha: King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria.

King T'Chaka: Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today.

Natasha: Yes, so am I.

They then see Y/N walking in as everyone looks at him in fear. Y/N looked down.

Man on speakers: If everyone could please be seated. This assembly is now in session.

T'Challa: That is the future calling. Such a pleasure.

Natasha: Thank you.

Natasha goes and sits with Y/N.

King T'Chaka: For a man who disapproves of diplomacy, you're getting quite good at it.

T'Challa: I'm happy, Father.

King T'Chaka: Thank you.

T'Challa: Thank you.

King T'Chaka: When stolen Wakandan Vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria, were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not, however, let misfortune drive us back. We will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative.

T'Challa spots something outside.

King T'Chaka: Wakanda is proud to extend its hand in peace.

T'Challa: EVERYBODY GET DOWN!

An enormous explosion goes off between two buildings and destroys the conference hall. T'Challa finds his father lying on the floor with his eyes closed. He grabs his father's wrist and feels for a pulse, but his father lies still. Devastated T'Challa lies across his father. He lifts him up and rocks him in his arms. Y/N helps Natasha up and everyone gets out of the building. Fire crews hose down the buildings as a medical chopper flies overhead.

Sharon: Call MI-6, see if we can get Micro Forensics to hurry this up. We need the whole team here in two hours or it's not worth it.

Sharon strides through with a man in a green jumpsuit. They pass T'Challa who sits on a bench looking stunned. Natasha sits on the next bench along.