Chapter 30: The Return of The Mad Titan

Tony, Y/N, Steve, Thor, Clint, and Bruce are mourning Natasha.

Tony: Do we know if she had family?

Steve: Yeah. Us.

Thor: What?

Tony: I just asked him a question-

Thor: Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that, right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together.

Clint: We can't get her back.

Thor: Wha– what?

Clint: It can't be undone. It can't.

Thor: I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?

Clint: Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?

Thor: No, that's my point–

Clint: It can't- be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!

Clint's anger is quickly replaced with grief.

Clint: It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it.

In a burst of anger, Y/N punches a bench and breaks in half. Y/N breathes heavily as a tear goes down his face.

Y/N: She's gone... We need to bring everyone back...

Steve: We will.

Inside the Avenger's Lab, Tony carefully places the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Rocket watches. With nervous precision, Tony manipulates the machine and carefully places all six stones into the gauntlet.

Rocket: Boom!

Tony and Bruce jump a bit, and quickly groan at Rocket's joke. Scene cuts to another room with the newly finished gauntlet. Everyone is gathered around it.

Rocket: All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?

Thor: I'll do it.

Tony: Excuse me?

Thor: It's okay.

Y/N: Sorry, Thor, ain't happening.

Steve: Wait, wait. Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet.

Thor: I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?

Scott: We should at least discuss it.

Thor: No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty.

Tony: It's not about that-

Thor: It's not that- Stop it! Just let me! Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right.

Tony: Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition.

Thor: What do you- What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?

Rhodey: Cheez Whiz?

Thor: Lightning.

Tony: Yeah.