Chapter 26: Battle of Wakanda

When Thanos got the Soul Stone, Y/N got another headache.

Natasha: You, okay?

Y/N: I'm fine.

Sam is piloting the quinjet with Rhodey, Y/N, Steve, Natasha, Wanda, and Vision inside.

Steve: Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0.

Sam: I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to.

The Quinjet passes through a camouflage force field into Wakanda's Golden City's valley and lands at the airfield outside the palace. T'Challa and the Dora Milaje approach to greet the arrivals.

Okoye: When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world... This is not what I imagined.

T'Challa: And what did you imagine?

Okoye: The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks.

The group comes out, Cap, Y/N, and Black Widow leading, followed by Bruce, Pietro, and Rhodey, Vision and Wanda slowly taking up the rear.

Bruce: Should we bow?

Rhodey: Yeah, he's a king.

Steve: Seems like I'm always thanking you for something.

He shakes hands with T'Challa.

Y/N: T'Challa.

T'Challa: Y/N.

They shake hands. Bruce bows awkwardly to T'Challa.

Rhodey: What are you doing?

T'Challa: Uh, we don't do that here. So how big of an assault can we expect?

The group begins to walk back into the administrative building.

Bruce: Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault.

Natasha: How we looking?

T'Challa: You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and...

Bucky smiles as he walks toward Steve, passing some Kings guard taking Vision and Wanda to another facility.

Bucky: A semi-stable, 100-year-old man.

Steve and Bucky share a hug.

Steve: How you been, Buck?

Bucky: Uh, not bad, for the end of the world.

In Shuri's lab, Shuri scans the Stone with her kimoyo beads while Vision lies on the examination table. She flips her hand over and studies the hologram projected over her palm

Shuri: Whoa. The structure is polymorphic.

Bruce: Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially.

Shuri: Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?

Vision looks at Bruce as if to ask the same thing.

Bruce: Because, we didn't think of it.

Shuri: I'm sure you did your best.

Y/N: Can you, do it?

Shuri: Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures.

Y/N: So, if you mess up, you'll blow up the lab.

Shuri: Precisely. It will take time, brother.

Steve: How long?

Shuri: As long as you can give me.