Finally understand

I pulled up to popes house and I turned to my grandma "Thank you so much for understanding" I said hugging her "I have felt so trapped for years, and with these friends I can enjoy my life" I said.

"I want you to be happy before I can't look after you anymore" she told me letting out a sigh "grandma is everything okay with your health" I asked now concerned "I'm okay honey" she said kissing my forehead.

I got out and grabbed my suitcases and went to the door and knocked. Moments later pope opened the door,

"Y/n?" Pope looked confused when I got there.

"Does the offer to stay still stand" I said giving him puppy dog eyes.

"Yes of course come inside" he said grabbing oneof the suitcases, I smiled and we walked to his room.

"So what are you gonna do about Rafe" pope asked well blowing up an air mattress.

"Honestly as much as I don't want kies secrets to get out I need to be safe and im not in love with Rafe" I sat down in his chair and let out a sigh "I don't think I will ever love anyone like I love JJ" then I looked down at the floor.

"About JJ, nobody's heard from him since you guys broke up" he said now putting blankets on the bed.

"What do you mean" I asked looking up, pope sat down on his bed "The night JJ cheated on you, which don't get me wrong was so bad, him and his dad had just got in a huge fight, I don't think you understand how bad the situation is at his house" he said.

"Okay but why would he cheat on me, if you love somebody you don't hurt them like that" I said starting to tear up.

"Look y/n between me and you, JJ doesn't know love beyond his friends and even with us he messes up, your the first girl he has ever tried to have a relationship with" pope stood up and started pacing.

"I have never seen him love someone the way he loves you, the way he would deal with fights with his dad is hooking up with random girls, but the fight with his dad was so bad he drank so much and blacked out, he didn't even realize what he had done" pope said then picked up a picture of him and JJ.

"Im really worried about him, he's never gone this long without being seen or talking to anyone, he knows what he did was messed up, I think he is really fucked up in his head right now" pope said.

I was so speechless, I had no idea how much I had meant to JJ "I don't know what to say pope".

" it's okay I get it, just get some sleep okay" he said shutting off the light and climbing into bed.

I tossed and turned all night long all I could think about was what pope had just explained to me.