CHAPTER 2

You stood by the large road crossing in the city of Tokyo and hummed, the music playing in your headphones having you bop your head to the rhythm.

You were on your way to see Gojo as he had called you for something urgent and a part of you began to think it had to do with your admission into the school.

The thought of finally being put on the path of a sorcerer had your eyes gleaming with excitement and you bounced on the ball of your feet, impatient to cross the road and get to where you wanted.

The signal to walk across had shown up and you practically skipped towards the other side, a happy smile painting your lips.

You stepped back onto the pavement and chose the path on the left which would lead you to Jujutsu Tech but, something caught your eye at the last second.

"A discount?"

You vanished from your spot on the pavement and squished your face against the clear glass of the restaurant to check, scaring the customers inside in the process.

There was a discount on steak exclusively today.

"I can't miss this opportunity."

You pulled out your wallet, seeing enough money to spend and was quick to get a seat inside the restaurant, giving the waitress your order.

You pulled out your phone, sending Gojo a quick text to inform you would be a little while longer before you showed up at the school.

"You're steak, miss."

Your order was placed in front of you and you smiled in her direction, thanking the waitress before you dug in.

The waitress turned away from you and walked to the entrance of the restaurant as a man walked in with a polite smile painting his lips.

"Table for one?" She asked and he nodded.

She guided him to one of the tables and he gave his gratitude as he was handed a menu along with a free drink.

"Damn...I ate it too fast." You mumbled, sad you cleaned your plate so quick when it was so delicious.

Your allowance from your mother had run out so the option to order another steak was out of the question.

You let out a sigh and grabbed your drink, deciding to finish it off before you went over to pay for your meal.

"Prison gate's boundary?! You have that taboo object?!"

You fanned yourself with your hand, looking around in wonder as the temperature of the restaurant seem to increase.

"Why's it so hot?" You questioned out loud.

Pseudo-Geto leaned forward, gazing at Jogo with an amused smile.

"Don't get excited, Jogo. It becomes hot." He warned but the cursed spirit simply scoffed, raising two fingers up.

"It's not that hot." Jogo smirked wickedly.

His intention to cause havoc was cut short as the fire alarm went off, the sprinklers initiating and cooling the restaurant down.

"Oh." You stood up, your hand leaning against the wall to do so when you felt something break underneath the palm of your hand.

You removed it to see it was the fire alarm.

The waitress caught what you had done and you were quick to apologise, dipping your head while sending her a sheepish smile.

"Sorry."

With the alarm going off and the inside of the restaurant soaking with water, the customers had no choice but to leave.

"I don't think they'll allow me to come again..." You said with a sad pout.