CHAPTER 15

THE SHIBUYA INCIDENT PART 3

"Hmph!"

Yuji's fist collided with the curtain, the impact resonating through his arm but, the curtain stood defiant, showing no signs of yielding to his force.

"No luck. It won't budge." Itadori said with a small frown, his expression reflecting a mix of frustration and confusion.

"Don't worry-" Before you could fully express yourself, Ino interjected abruptly, his words severing the flow of your intended conversation.

"Good try." Ino, sensing the need to uplift the spirits of the other person, spoke with an encouraging tone.

"It's an incredibly sturdy curtain. We have to find it's weak spot to take it down." Megumi, engrossed in thoughts, spoke with a demeanor reflecting the depth of the situation.

"There's no point if we're not inside." Ino mentioned.

"Uh...guys?" As you wished to join the ongoing conversation, a sudden interruption unfolded in the form of a random cursed spirit,  which was roaming the streets, as it roared at that exact moment and drowned your call out.

Ino, initially caught up in a fervent monologue about the cursed user's presumed location inside the curtain, continued to expound on his theory with animated gestures and detailed explanations.

However, as he delved deeper into his speculative narrative, a realization dawned on him like a sudden revelation.

His eyes widened, and an expression of bemusement replaced the confidence that had colored his features.

It became clear to Ino, and likely everyone around, that the person in question was, in fact, situated outside the curtain, in a conspicuously evident location.

"So, that's why it's such a sturdy curtain-"

SMASH

Ino, Yuji, and Megumi stood frozen, their jaws seemingly on the verge of dropping to the ground in collective disbelief. The air hung heavy with astonishment as they witnessed you effortlessly shatter the once-impenetrable curtain, a feat accomplished with seemingly raw and unmatched strength.

"H-How?" In a hushed tone tinged with shock, Ino whispered an audible gasp of surprise.

"Just like how I took down the other curtains." You explained simply.

"That was you?!" Yuji's eyes widened in a spontaneous reaction as he exclaimed, his voice carrying astonishment.

"Come on, Yuji. You've seen how strong I am and, you're still surprised?" You placed your hands on your hips and raised a brow at him.

"We were told when each curtain was taken down but we didn't know how." Megumi mentioned and you seemed to understand.

"Well, let's move on from this. We need to find the cursed user who had set you the curtain and get rid of them. Okay?"

Once you were sent a nod of agreement from each of them, you looked up at Shibuya Tower, seeing a tiny figure standing on the edge of the rooftop.

"Megumi, it's your turn."

---------------------------------------------------

TIME - 10:01PM

As Yuji and Megumi focused their efforts on confronting the cursed user behind the creation of the curtain, an alliance had formed between you and Ino.

"It doesn't feel right to hit a granny." You leaned in, sharing this with Ino, who responded with a resigned sigh.

"That granny has probably killed countless of innocent people." He mentioned, seeing how you pursed  your lips before sending him a nod.