Chapter 19

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."

― William W. Purkey

STORMME

She worked hard today. Her hair is like a noisy ocean down her neck, so much of it, she smells like strawberry. I could breathe her in forever. She opened her eyes. I kissed her tenderly, twisting the shaggy loops of her hair between my fingers.

Her voice is throaty and lush, "Please don't go to the party. I want to stay here with you."

My stomach starts to squeeze a little when she bites at my bottom lip. I brushed her wild hair from her face, taking in tiny dark freckles dusted across her nose—my beautiful starlight.

"I'm to give a speech for a newly opened library in Manhattan," I rubbed my thumb over her cheek in slow circles. "They need someone to play a piano section so I recommended you."

Her eyes popped wide open, they had a rare lightness I'd never seen before, "Y-You did, what if I mess up?"

"You won't." She hugged me from the side and I tucked my arm around her. Her skin was velvety, and sweet smelling with an air of tropical ocean water.

Her bright pink lips broke out in a smile, "Thank you for recommending me," She slinked her arm around mine, "I get giddy on the thoughts I have of you, even more so knowing that I get to come home to you."

A part of my heart melted and I drew in a shaky breath. Her head tilts back, hitting me with soft eyes. This affected me deeply, like roots burrowing into my whole being.

I barely managed to catch the gulps of air that left me. She angles into me for a kiss and our lips touch gently. My head was rushing, she had a way of incapacitating me with nothing but her smile.

And when I looked at her it all seemed brighter, warmer, better. This was special. Unique, it crackled along my limbs like lightning. I'm falling for her. Hard. I was scared, happy, and shocked at the same.

I slipped my finger into my collar and tugged, trying to alleviate the heat under it.

"You look tense, are you alright?"

I stumbled through a few sentences, pushing my hair back. "No. I mean yes. I'm okay. I covered my mouth, my face felt like it was on fire.

"At least look at me when we're talking." She placed her hand on my wrist.

"I can't."

She sounds startled now, "Why not?"

"Too pretty." I slid my fingers through hers, the rising tide of need heats my skin. Now, she couldn't look me in the eyes, please stay with me, Olly. I want you by my side, I want you in my bed with your head on my chest. I want to kiss you until your knees are weak, to the point where you become helpless until you cling to nothing but me.

I can't breathe when you are not near me. I can't sleep if you're not in my arms, my coffee gets cold when I leave you in bed because I want to share everything with you. I don't want to eat alone or watch the rain alone, when I watch the sunset, it has to be with you.

She looks like a dream, a miracle made just for me. I'm .. falling and there's nothing to hold onto, it's like rolling down the side of a great and terrible mountain. many fears and hopes. I didn't mind, she was my fake wife and had every right to refuse me. I gave her my heart in a silver dish all bloody and raw.

"You flatter me Mr. Sylvan." tucked firmly in her lap, the small hands that could awaken my desires were sweaty and almost shaking. "To be honest, I was uncomfortable seeing you with Alexis."