nine

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"You know, if my dad's right, that means there's another Werewolf in town that we haven't met yet..." Stiles said as he and Scott walked through the woods together.

They were trying to look for the wreck of the car crash that happened a few years ago where, maybe, possibly, an entire family was killed by a werewolf.

"I know." Scott sighed, he wasn't sure how to deal with another werewolf in town. it was hectic enough with their open minds and the girl who just randomly turned up.

"If it turns out to be something, like, triplets that form into, like, a three-headed hound of hell, I'm seriously not up for that." Stiles explained, his hands waving through the air as he talked. He shivered at the idea of a creature like that. if he didn't already get nightmares, he surely would then.

"Yeah, me, either. Especially if I can't even control my own transformation anymore." Scott replied.

The two kept walking through the forest, occasionally glancing at the navigation on Scott's phone. They avoided walking through the puddles and tripping over the branches on the ground when a loud howl sounded through the air.

Stiles flinched as he heard the noise, bumping into Scott who in turn dropped the phone into a water puddle.

"Sorry, buddy. I hate coyotes so much-- they always sound like they're mauling some tiny, helpless little animal." Stiles apologized and explained.

Scott sighed and bend down to grab the device from the water. He turned it over, pressing a few buttons and was pleased to see that it still worked.

"It still works." He said to his best friend who was looking over his shoulder at the phone. Stiles nodded, relieved and glanced around the area that they were in but it was too dark to see properly.

"Let me see the flashlight." He asked and turned it on once Scott handed it over to him. He shone the flashlight around before landing on something.  "I think we found it..."

Scott looked up and they were indeed at the place of the crash. The blue car was still there, upside down with rust and leaves covering most of it.

"Uh, why wouldn't they move it? Isn't it evidence?" Scott asked his best friend. to him it seemed weird, but the sheriff's son had an explanation as always.

"Probably too much of a pain in the ass to tow out." Stiles said as he glanced around the wreck. It was interesting to him and when he looked at it more, he noticed some claw marks.
"Look at this-- see those? Animal claws would be closer together, right? A lot closer."

Scott walked up to his friend and stared at the marks. He put his own hand up to try and recreate the motion and was stunned when it was basically the same.