14. 'Baby'

JEEVIKA

Two days passed by. We had a normal routine. I spent my whole day with mummy ji and pihu.

Pihu was too sweet with me. She was like a younger sister to me. I always wanted a sister and I'm thankful I got pihu as my sister-in-law.

Arjun had to leave the very day I left for my parents house as his leaves were over.

I and Arhaan used to talk for few minutes after dinner.

Today, he was at home the whole time.

We were sitting in our room and he was showing me places on internet that we were going to visit.

It was afternoon, we already had our lunch.

"Shopping?", he asked out of nowhere.

I analysed in my mind whether I've dresses or not and I realized that I didn't have dresses for cold places.

"Today?", I asked. "Sure Jeevika, go get ready", he said.

I was already wearing a beautiful dress so I just combed my hairs and told him that I'm ready. We went downstairs and informed mummy and papa that we're heading out.

He also told papa that we'll have our dinner outside itself.

He opened the passenger seat's door for me and I sat beside him. He drove us to mall.

I went through so many dresses. He chose some dresses for me and I too chose some jackets and shirts for him.

Then we went to buy boots for us. We bought black boots and went to shop some accessories.

After we finished shopping, he took me to the restaurant. He pulled a chair out for me to sit and he sat on the chair placed opposite to me.

We ordered food for ourselves.

I tried to tease him," I made you pay a good amount of bill for me today. You must be regretting today. ".

He looked into my eyes and said in a very soft tone, " I earn the money for you and my family, I'll never regret it spending on my wife".

I could feel his intense gaze on me. I felt shy all of a sudden.

I feel good and comfortable as well as happy with him when we act like friends but as soon as he calls me his wife my heart starts aching.

I start feeling some kind of discomfort or maybe shyness. I notice how he sees me and his eyes shine when he see me smiling.

I can tell he is a very good person from his heart. But for me I surely need time to accept things. I like being his friend, he knows his limits.

I like how he tries to make me feel safe around him.

Just when the waiter came with two bowls of soup in his hands, a man accidentally pushed him and the hot soup fell on the table and then on my lap.

I screamed in pain and stood up from my place immediately. Arhaan came to my rescue and helped me wipe off the soup from my lap.

He turned back in anger and held the collar of the waiter and hit him hard on his face. He yelled at him on the top of his voice ,"YOU CLUMSY MAN , WHO KEEPS SUCH PEOPLE ON JOB YOU FUCKERS", he was cursing him when I held him by his arm and said, " Arhaan please leave him, it's not his fault".

He turned and looked at my tensed face. He cupped my cheeks with both his hands and out of concern he blabbered, " Baby, Are you okay, please tell me ?".

I looked at his face. I understood he didn't realize what he just called me. He seemed to be in more pain than me.

He held my hands and took me to washroom. He asked me to clean myself in the washroom and check whether there where burns on my thighs. He brought me a dress from the car to change which we had bought few hours ago from the mall.

I went inside the washroom and cleaned myself up. I saw that my thighs had turned red. They were burning. I needed to apply ointment.

I opened the door of the washroom slightly. I saw Arhaan standing right infront of the door.

He came towards me when he saw me. He asked," Are you okay, do you need something , is something wrong jeevika?". I told him to relax and bring some ointment from the first aid kit of the restaurant.

He immediately went and brought me one after few minutes.

I applied it on my burns and felt relief. I dressed myself up and went outside.

He came closer to me. "Are you fine Jeevika?", he asked holding my hands. He looked tensed.

I held his hand in response and replied, " Am okay Arhaan." . "Your thighs", he asked.

"It just turned red and I was feeling burning sensations but it feels good after applying the ointment",I explained.

"Don't worry",I said looking in his eyes. He took a sigh of relief.

We had our dinner. All that was going inside my head was 'baby, are you okay?'.