Epilogue

ARHAAN

Jeevika woke up after almost 2 hours after her delivery. I went inside to meet her. I sat on the stool beside her bed.

She opened her eyes slowly. I brushed off the hair from her face. I kissed her on her forehead and asked her," How are you feeling jaan?".

She nodded her head slowly and muttered, "Fine".

"Congratulations baby, we're parents now", I said and smiled.

She smiled lazily and said in a low voice,"Our baby".

"Our daughter. You've given birth to our daughter jaan. You've made me the happiest person in this world, my strong lady", I said and kissed on her hands.

She smiled heartily this time.

She looked around the room and started searching for someone~i knew who.

I pointed my hand towards the opposite corner of the room and her gaze followed my hand.

Her eyes got worried. She started trying to get up but I held her by her arms and stopped her.

"Relax jaan, relax you need to rest don't worry",I said.

"What's wrong?", she enquired.

"She was born early na jaan, she is weak, that's why..",I said while caressing her forehead.

"I want .. to.. to see her",she stuttered and her eyes filled with tears.

I wiped off her tears and kissed on her eyes. "You'll see her baby.. you'll see her soon. You need to rest now".

"No, Arhaan...do..do something", she requested.

I took out my phone from pocket and opened the gallery. I showed her the photo of our daughter. She held the phone loosely and started adoring our daughter.

"Beautiful,isn't she?",I asked.

She nodded her head and tears started flowing from her eyes again.

"She..she will be ..fine..right?".

"Yes jaan, she is our strong daughter, just like her mother", I said with proud in my eyes.

12 days passed by~

Jeevika was healing. Our baby has turned out to be more stronger in the past days.

Doctor said that she was ready to discharge both of them but the baby needs to be taken care of more. We got both of them discharged yesterday.

Today was the chathhi ceremony of our baby.

Everyone was busy preparing for the party.

I went inside our room. Jeevika was lying down with our daughter. I went closer and saw that she was feeding her. I went and sat beside her head.

She looked at me and asked, "Preparations done?".

"Almost".

At evening, everyone got dressed into new ones. Jeevika was wearing a yellow colour saree and I was wearing a yellow kurta.

Our little baby was dressed in a yellow frock.

Rituals were performed. After the puja was done, Arjun asked, "What should we name her?".

I and Jeevika looked at each other. "Have you two decided any name for her?",mumma asked.

Jeevika nodded.

I looked at her with assurance and spoke, "she is our life, the day she was born, she gave a new meaning to our life~of being parents. And so, her name will be, 'Aisha'- Aisha matlab 'zindagi', hamari zindagi~Aisha, Aisha Arhaan Shrivastava!".