47. We've to discuss

JEEVIKA

Months passed by.
We were on our way to Prayag.

Annu was in her 9th month of pregnancy. Maa and Papa wanted her to give birth at our house in Prayag because it was the first grandchild of the family.

She was on maternity leave and had already travelled to Prayag one month back.

It was only me and Arhaan alone.
We needed to talk about adoption from our families. This was going to be tough.

That day when I saw the orphanage and talked about adoption with Arhaan, that was the last day when we talked about this.

I wanted to confirm once with Arhaan whether he was going to discuss about this with his parents or not. But not now, I'll ask him once we reach there.

---

We reached there almost when it was evening. I hadn't took my breakfast even and thus I was feeling all uneasiness building up inside my body.

We touched the feet of maa and Papa.
We talked with everyone and then I went inside my room.

I took a bath and changed my clothes.
Navratri was also coming and so I had to prepare for the festival.

We had our dinner and came inside our room early as I was really tired today. I just wanted to have a peaceful sleep today.

I finsihed my skin care routine and jumped inside the duvet.
Arhaan was already there.
I kept my head on his chest.
I was tracing his body with my fingers slowly and he was caressing my hair.

"Arhaan", I spoke.

"Hmm",he hummed.

"You remember we've to discuss about something with our families right?".

"I remember jaan".

"Okay", I said and soon we slipped into a deep slumber.

-----

Next day,I woke up in his arms. I was still feeling lazy and wanted to sleep.
But I had no other options.
I got down and finsihed my morning routine.

Maa was already cooking in the kitchen. I went to help her.

Soon everyone joined together on the dining table and had their breakfast.
Annu's baby bump had turned more big and she was barely even able to walk properly.

Doctors had given her the date of day after tomorrow. She was really nervous about this. Although everyone was trying to keep her calm most of the time.

At noon, I went on shopping for the puja.
By the time I returned home, it was late evening.
I changed my clothes and cooked the dinner for everyone.

Everyone had their dinner and signed off back to their rooms.
I was very tired. Arhaan wasn't in the room as he was working upon something important and he had to discuss it with papa.

I slept.

The next day, my eyes opened on time. Arhaan was sleeping. I decided not to disturb him and came out of his hold slowly.

I got down and went inside the bathroom to finish my routine.
When I went back inside the room, Arhaan was awake.
He had already taken the bath and was in fresh pair of clothes.

I stood infront of the mirror and looked at him.

"I know your husband is handsome. You don't need to say anything", he praised himself.

"Whatever", I said and shifted my gaze away from him.

He came towards me and hugged me tightly from behind.
"Meri jaaan", he said and kissed me on my cheek.

"Enough of  buttering", I teased him back.

He laughed and turned me towards himself. My hands where resting on his chest.

His reactions changed suddenly and he said,"I'll discuss about that today with everyone after breakfast".

"I know it will be tough, be calm,okay?".

"Yes",he kissed my forehead.

He held my hand and we went to have our breakfast.

I served breakfast tk everyone and then sat beside Arhaan to have breakfast.

"Annu?", I asked Arjun.

"Her stomach is aching, moderate but yes it's aching, so she didn't wanted to come outside",he replied.

"It's okay,let her rest", I said.

Everyone finsihed their breakfasts.
Arhaan looked at me and I nodded at him in assurance.

"I want to discuss something with everyone", Arhaan said.

"Haan beta bolo na",papa said.

"Papa woh..hum aur jeevika...soch rahe the.."..
"Mera matlab hamare Mann me khayal aaya ki kyu Naa......".

He got cut off in middle by a loud voice from Annu's room.

She was shouting in pain.
"Aaah arjunn please comee here".

Everyone ran towards her room.
"My water...broke", Annu said, "itsss paining do something please".

Arjun looked at me and I said,"pick her up, we're going to hospital right now".