44. Adoption?

JEEVIKA

We returned back to Delhi almost a week ago.

Everything was going normal, I was back to normal. We had started working again.

Arhaan used to drop me everyday to the hospital and then go for his work as usual. He used to pick me up again at evenings.

Today was Saturday. He picked me up from my workplace and we were heading back towards home.

On the way,my eyes fell on a board infront of me, "Bachon ka Ghar, Orphanage".

We reached home after few minutes and changed into fresh clothes. Today, Arhaan was going to cook food for us.
So, I sat down along with Annu and started entertaining her.

"Bhabhi, I really feel happy ki aap khush ho".."itne dinon baad".."real me khush",Arjun said while smiling.

I smiled back at him.
"Toh kya Aisa sad sa chehra lekar apne bhatije ko welcome karti",I teased him.

"Hahaha chalo kisi chiz ka toh credit Mila hume", he laughed.

"Aapko kaise, Hume milna chaiye na credit", Annu said with a pout on her face.

"Chalo uss raat date ka plan nahi banata toh aap toh apne office ke kaamo me hi khoi reh jaati",Arjun chuckled.

Annu slapped his chest lightly and we laughed.

"Guyss, dinner is ready come on here", Arhaan shouted from the kitchen.

We headed together towards dining table. We took our place, I sat beside Arhaan and annu sat along with Arjun opposite to us.

We had our dinner while chit-chatting with other.

I did my night routine and slipped inside myself inside the duvet.
Arhaan was talking with someone on call.

I signalled him to come on bed but he signalled me back that it was important.

He came back on bed when I was super sleepy.
He pulled me towards himself hugging me from behind.

"I wanted to talk to you about something", I muttered in sleep.

"You're sleepy baby, we'll talk tomorrow",he said while trailing his fingers lightly on my arm.

"Nai please, am not sleepy".

"Zid mat kijiye Jaan,so jaiye Jo bhi hoga hum kal subhe sambhal lenge".

And I slept finally.

Next morning, it was Sunday.

I woke up and found myself alone on bed. I got up and finished my morning routine.

I went to kitchen and saw Arhaan cooking breakfast for us.
I helped him in that and we had our breakfast together.

We came back to our room.
Arhaan was busy with his work.

At noon,we had our lunch and came back inside to take a nap. We were laying down on the bed. My head was lying on Arhaan's chest and he was caressing it.

"Aap kuch keh Rahi thi raat me Jaan",he started the conversation.

I hummed in response.
"Kahiye,sun rahe h hum",he said.

I lifted my head a little up to look into his eyes and said,"What are your views on adoption, Arhaan?".

He paused for a moment and then spoke,"I'm pretty much ready for adopting a child, but we need to consult our family too, right?".

"Hmmm",I hummed.

"Aapke Mann me kaise aaya yeh baat?", he asked.

"Yesterday I saw an orphanage on the way, from there".

"You know what Arhaan, I wanted to experience how a woman feels when the baby kicks, when the baby moves inside her tummy, when she connects with the baby, but it's okay.. I've accepted my fate now",I said.

"My life experiences says that we should keep everything unplanned you know, expectations hurts at some point of time",he said.

"I should do the same, right. I should stop thinking about everything now."..."It just plays with my mental state".."and I end up with nothing in my hands".."let's not think or expect anything now, things will start falling on it's place itself".

"You're strong baby, my baby is strong".

I kissed his chest and he kissed on my head.

"We'll discuss about adoption with our family, when we visit them next, after 3months, okay jaan?", he asked me in a comforting voice.

"Yes, it will be better to discuss this with them face-to-face",I muttered and he hummed.

We slept while talking about random things.