37. I need space

JEEVIKA

I woke up in his arms. He looked disturbed last night. I don't know why I felt extremely bad. Pihu was going to visit our home today and I realized that again I'll be attacked with those weird questions, as people will also visit today.

I got up and finished my morning chores. As soon as Arhaan woke up, I went to sit beside him. He hugged me and we rested our bodies against hoverboard.

"Good morning Jeevika!", he said and kissed on my forehead.

"Good morning", I replied.

"How do you feel?", he asked.

"Good!", I replied.

He realized I wasn't in my normal dress and asked me, "Are you going somewhere?".

"I want to go home, please drop me", I said with my head still lowered down.

He lifted my face up and asked, "Pihu aa rahi hai aaj Jeevika, aapko pata hai naa?".

I nodded my head and said, "Please, I don't want to stay".

He hugged me instantly and caressed my hair as if he understood why I didn't wanted to stay.

"Kitne din humse door rahengi?".

"Aajaenge kuch din me".

He kissed on my forehead and said, "Pack your bags, I'll talk to mummy and papa and then I'll drop you there".

I nodded and separated myself from him.

I packed everything and Arhaan came back after 30 minutes, all dressed up.

He took my bag and kept it inside the car. I took blessings from maa and papa. We sat in the car and left for my home.

We remained silent throughout the journey but he was holding my hand the entire time and caressing it slowly with his thumb.

We reached my home and he stopped the car. I tried to take my hand from his hand but he held it tightly. I looked into his eyes. His eyes were moist. I cannot see tears in his eyes!

I took my hand away and came out of the car. I opened the door for him and pulled him out. He took my bags in his hand and controlled his emotions.

We stepped inside the house and touched everyone's feet. Arhaan said that he needed to leave. No one stopped him for obvious reasons.

But I couldn't let him leave in this state. I held his hand and took him to my room upstairs. I locked the room and went closer to him. I knew he didn't wanted to leave me here that too for days! But he only agreed because he knows my state.

I placed my head against his chest and hugged him. He hugged me back tightly. I felt something wet on my cheeks and I lifted my face to look at him.

Tears were streaming down his face. "Please come back soon Jeevika, I cannot live without you", he said in a trembling voice.

I wiped his tears off and said, "I'll. I just need some space Arhaan". He nodded his head and cupped my face. He lifted my face slightly up and placed his lips against mine.

He kissed me and I reciprocated. It felt as if I was kissing him after such a long time and that was true, we kiss really less frequently these days apart from the time when we make out.

He separated our lips and rubbed it on my cheek. "I love you no matter what!", he muttered against my cheek. I hummed in response.

"Take care, okayy?", he said and hugged me with care.

I nodded my head and said, "you too, message me when you reach".

"Don't worry about the messaging part, you know me well", he chuckled.

He bid me bye and left. I saw him leaving from my balcony.

After almost 25 minutes, I was resting in my room alone when my phone pinged.

Arhaan : Reached safely wifey!

Jeevika : okay!

Arhaan : Already missing you!

I left the message on seen.

"Don't worry about the messaging part, you know me well", I remembered his words. I still remember the last time I decided to stay at my home for 5 days-some three years ago- he kept on messaging me every now and then about his whereabouts until I called him and said him not to message me anymore.

I smiled after remembering this. Time was so good three years back. It was Ayansh's wedding. It became worst for me when Ayaansh's wife Shikha, became pregnant.

We used to talk on call and she used to tell me about her experiences. I also wanted to experience it all. I wanted Arhaan and me to be parents.

I yearned for a child. I started crying more and more everyday. When I lifted Ayaansh's baby- Aarav in my hands, I felt so good. I felt Arhaan's eyes shining after seeing me happy.