🔪 unexpected visitor

The next few days passed with evident uncomfortableness. Sure, it was all casual competition, but it still posed a threat. Vince seemed to constantly be in a state of forced calmness and had barely talked to Rody at all. Well, Rody never complained about Vince's recent loss of appetite. However the only thing he could do was to keep himself busy with designing posters (worst job ever).

And sometimes he still thought of his current situation. How did he get used to living like this so fast? It had only been a few days yet it seemed like he had lived here for months already. He hated Vince for it. Why? Why did this have to happen? His entire future was changed in mere moments at the kitchen. Was there anything he could've done to change it? Oh well. No use in dwelling in the past.

He walked into Vince's office. It had a much heavier smell of smoke than usual and it was clear that Vince had been smoking more often. Rody choked and Vince turned his head at the sound.

"Err, the designs."

"Yeah."

While there were many problems arising it was logical for Vince to sound so preoccupied. But his response was just so... blunt. Rody felt that they had talked more before he started living here. I mean, Vince seriously just locked him up here and won't even spare a word? Nevermind, he was probably overthinking it.

Someone suddenly knocked on the door.

Vince and Rody both looked up. The guest invited himself into the room. It was the boss of the other company, who was wearing exceptionally formal clothing. He looked like an easygoing person. Vince immediately scrunched his face in annoyance and disbelief. What the actual fuck is he doing here ???/1/!??

He wore a cheerful demeanor. "Ah, hope you don't mind my sudden intrusion." he closed the door behind him.

Vince held a hand to his forehead. "What do you want..."

"Nothing too serious. I just wanted to uhh, get some things straight."

They're not exactly formal with each other, thought Rody.

"Do you know him personally?" he whispered.

"University."

"Well," the guest continued, "Disregarding our uhhh, somewhat new contentions, I have some news that may be a bit concerning to you. Although you should understand already. I mean..."

"Please get to the point."

"Hmm, in short, I know something. Something you may not want to expose." he smiled slightly.

"What? If you're wanting to expose me I'd like you take a look at yourself. You should stop bluffing, it'll save you from future trouble."

"Haha, do you think I'm making this up? You seem quite unaware of what you had done."

"Tch, what exactly is it?"

"Regarding one of your chefs, the other day. Word got around..."

Rody could see the moment Vince realized what he was talking about. Although he couldn't tell if it was relief or not. After all, there was a chance that his... questionable dining preferences had gotten around.

"I choose how to run my restaurant."

"Yeah well, that doesn't change anything." the other boss shrugged, "point is, don't try so hard. Otherwise I won't hesitate to ruin a good reputation."

Surprisingly, Vince laughed faintly. "Your ego has gotten way too ahead of you. I know who you are, always skipping from one thing to another, disregarding everything else... nevermind. Knowing you was a mistake."

"Now you're the one bluffing here." the other guy said without smiling, "don't talk nonsense." He walked out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~

It's become a habit to put these silly art at the bottom of the chapter