🔪 temporary absence

Vince had gone out early in the morning so Rody was left alone in the house again. It had probably been hours already, since the afternoon sun was beginning to disappear, leaving a purple, but not dark trace in the sky. He was pacing around the corridor. Goddamnit, he didn't even have a calendar, what day was it? How many days has it been? The only thing that ever kept him busy was designing stupid posters. The slow ticking of the clock was driving him insane and he remembered writing on some sort of paper one night:

Crazy? I was crazy once. Locked me into a room. A room with a clock. And the clock made me crazy. Crazy? I was crazy once...

Ok yeah it was kinda dumb.

So why was Vince out again?

Apparently the word of the chef assault had gotten out the other day. No doubt it had to be from the same guy who came to visit. Rody wasn't sure of the exact reason but Vince was probably dealing with it somehow.

Suddenly he tripped on air and fell on the ground, his head facing the ceiling. There's a latch on the ceiling??1?/?!? And for what? Why hadn't he seen it before? Rody silently lectured himself for being so oblivious. When he pulled the latch, a ladder came down that led to the attic. Yes!! Also thank god it wasn't more lemons.

It was clear that the attic hadn't been opened in months. There wasn't really anything there, but what caught his attention was that it wasn't completely dark. Yep, there was a window. Rody took a ladder and climbed up, and saw the window wasn't locked either.

It was the first time he saw clear sky in quite a while, and it felt really nice. He jumped down from the roof.

Now the question is: where should he go? To his apartment? Find somewhere to eat? He did have a bit of pocket money. He headed down the road towards a good looking restaurant. He was about to walk in when he saw a closed sign in front of the restaurant.

There was some commotion inside. Rody peeked through the window on the door and saw a man arguing with someone else... It seemed to be about money? Yeah, something about underpaying. Wait a damn, that's the guy who came into Vince's office the other day. Rody smirked thinking about the irony of exposing the dude. Oh well, but he wasn't gonna go back anyway.

He went into a restaurant around the corner. The door swung open followed by the familiar clinking when you walk into shops. Since it was a casual dining restaurant it was also equipped with a bar in the corner. Rody took a moment to walk around and find a seat.

A hand grabbed him by the arm. It didn't let go. Someone spoke in a drowsy but menacing voice.

"What are you doing here, Rody?"

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter was a little short :/ Remember to vote if you like the story!