𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

"Stop right there!"

Theo made an abrupt halt and squinted his eyes close. He bit his lip trying to think of a valid reason why his brother should not hold him for breakfast.

It's not that he's running late. He just hates eating at home knowing that their busy parents will be joining them but it wouldn't even feel like they are actually there. Because they're either busy receiving phone calls for work or busy reading the newspaper.

"Bring Ayane down here so we can eat." His brother said while helping their helper to prepare their breakfast table.

"No need." The mentioned girl came running down the stairs with a pile of books on her hands.

She drops the books beside her chair and takes her seat. Her eyes were busy scanning the dishes that were prepared on the table.

Felip, the oldest among the three siblings stopped briefly and eyes the younger. Raising a brow at him as if telling without words to take a seat.

Ayane and Theo are both siblings by blood. Felip is also their brother but he was their mother's first child before she remarried, David. The current father of their family.

Their parents, Trina and David are always busy at work. Both are CEOs of their respective companies which only continue to grow bigger and bigger. And this alone is actually what's distancing them both from their beloved children.

And because they are always busy. As the eldest, Felip is always taking care of his little brother and sister. He adores them both just as much as they admire him.

"Sit down. Mom and dad already left. It'll be just the three of us." He said without sparing the two a look.

Unlike Theo, Ayane prefers to eat with their parents. Even if their heads are always stuck on their phones, it's their presence that matters.

But Theo. He thinks it's pointless to have breakfast with them if they can't even ask their children about how they're doing.

"Okay." Theo mumbles and walks back to the table to join his siblings for breakfast.

Although it was a quiet meal, it is a lot more comfortable compared with their parents.

After breakfast, Theo and Ayane went to Felip's car. Waiting for their brother to grab his keys so they can go to school altogether.

Felip and Theo are both in college while Ayane is a graduating student in high school. Each sibling is always showing outstanding grades but it's never enough to earn praise from their parents.
Especially after Theo's incident two years ago.

Once Felip got to the car, he started the engine and took off to Ayane's school first and then to their university.

"We have practice with the basketball team. You don't have to wait for me after class." Theo reminds his brother as they got off the car and walk the parking lot.

"Call me if you need a ride." Felip said to him before they got quiet again.

Felip is a quiet type of person since birth. But Theo is not.

He used to be bright and loud. Too smart for his own good and he never stops asking questions. Sometimes, Trina wondered how Theo was born that way.

But after the incident. Theo's bright and vibrant personality disappeared as if someone wiped it off for good.
He was too young to be convicted and there wasn't enough evidence that points to him as the suspect. So they took him to a rehabilitation center.
Even though it was proven to be an accident, his name has already been tarnished and Theo lost his trust to everyone. He felt betrayed and alone.