ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

"Thanks for taking me home." Cleo said, trying to avoid Theo's deep gaze.

"It's nothing. Think of my offer, okay? I'm serious about it." He said that made Cleo look up to him.

"Won't it make things worse?" She asked and Theo confidently shook his head with a smile.

"I promise it won't. And even if you agree or not, I know I have to make it stop anyway. Which I should've done the first time you got hurt."

"Well. It isn't your fault I got hurt, honestly." Cleo muttered.

Although, she did blame him before because those girls are obsessed with him. But she knew Theo wouldn't want her to get hurt either.

"I better go." Theo said and was about to leave.

"Where? Class may be over by the time you get back to school." She said and looked away, not trying to be awkward despite the heavy tension between them.

"Home, I guess." He said with a chuckle.

"S-stay a bit. Aunt Jessie is still at work, you can stay if you want." Cleo said quietly without meeting his gaze.

She quickly turned around to open the door and welcome him in. Theo only smiled and figured it wouldn't be bad to stay for a bit since she's offered.

He walked inside the house and looked around. It isn't as big as their house, but it looks cozy and warm. Unlike where he lives, it may look rich and luxurious. But he honestly feels lonely at home, and probably his siblings too.

"Sit there, I'll get you something to drink." Cleo said and beckoned him to the living area.

Theo walks to the couch and sits down as he continues scanning the place like a camera. Eventually, he spotted Cleo and Clay's childhood pictures.

They look very close to each other and are literally almost sharing one face.

"You know..." Theo spoke and turned to Cleo who was ransacking their fridge.

The kitchen and the living room are in one space of the first floor of the house so they can easily talk to each other.

"If your sister finds out I'm asking you out. She might actually push me off a cliff or slit my throat in my sleep." He said in a little playful tone and Cleo suddenly burst out laughing.

"Clay's protective but she knows I have things to decide for myself in order to stand alone. It's not like we'll be together forever. But we'll always have each other's back." She says and grabs the leftover cake that Clay bought yesterday.

Clay said not to touch it because she likes the cake so she'll worry about arguing with her sister later.

"You have a sister too, right?" Cleo asks since they were on the topic.

"Yeah. A year younger." He replied as he stood up to help Cleo bring over the food and drinks to the table.

"Are you two close?"

"I wouldn't say we are. We don't always speak to each other at home. But at least we're not estranged." He said and chuckled at the last part.

"Anyways. Since I'm here. I got an idea!" Theo suddenly said with a rather enthusiastic tone as he pulled out his phone.

"What?"

"Let's watch a movie!" He said and started pulling up the film. He decided to sit down on the floor closer to her so they could watch together.