The Offer

???: Optimus...

Optimus stirred, hearing someone call his name. Someone familiar.

???: Optimus... Can you hear me?

Optimus then opened his eyes and saw he was standing in a void of open space, the ground beneath his feet being clouds, and the sky resembled the infinite cosmos.

Optimus: Where am I?

???: You are home, my disciple.

Optimus turned to the voice and his eyes widened at who he saw. His silhouette was made of pure light, but with his thick and long beard and kind eyes, and referring to Optimus as "his disciple", Optimus could recognize who this was immediately.

 His silhouette was made of pure light, but with his thick and long beard and kind eyes, and referring to Optimus as "his disciple", Optimus could recognize who this was immediately

Optimus: Alpha Trion?! I-I...

Alpha Trion: It's been a long time, my old friend and student. Welcome to the Realm of the Primes.

Optimus did not pay much attention to his mentor's words, rather a deep sense of shame and regret fell upon the human Prime. The last time he saw Alpha Trion, he was a lifeless husk of metal with a fusion cannon blast in his chest from Megatron when he raided the Iacon Hall of Records. Optimus bowed his head.

Optimus: Please forgive me! For not being able to save you! For not being able to save Cybertron like you hoped I would! For not stopping Megatron when I should've!

Alpha Trion: Raise your head, my student.

Optimus did so. 

Alpha Trion: I do not blame you for any of that Optimus. I know you did your best to save Cybertron. And while you did indeed fail, you didn't give up. You kept fighting. Despite all you've lost, you stood strong in the face of impossible odds and emerged victorious. I couldn't be more prouder of you my student.

That praise caused Optimus to smile. Alpha Trion soon held a regretful look on his face.

Alpha Trion: Which is why it pains me to do this to you.

Optimus blinked in confusion.

Alpha Trion: Your arrival in this new world, and your transformation into a human, was our doing. Me and the other Primes.