Entrance Exam

Accepting Nezu's invitation to join U.A. was only the beginning. He couldn't join the current school year, nor did Nezu want him to. He wanted Optimus to start among the freshmen coming into school. He felt he would have the biggest impact on them. Unfortunately, that would mean he would need to take the Entrance Exam. Nezu thought about getting him in through recommendation, but Optimus refused. When asked why, he said he didn't want to be given any advantage over the students and would get in fair and square. Nezu smiled at his reasoning, proving once again how right he was about Optimus.

Over the next ten months, Optimus Prime was hard at work, learning all he could about his new human body. It's limits and how to surpass them. He had found this impressive workout plan on what the humans called the internet. It looked challenging, but Optimus welcomed the challenge. The plan included diet plans, a sleeping schedule, and study time. He didn't know who wrote "The Aim To Pass: All American Dream Plan", but whoever did so was a genius.

He also spent much time practicing his Quirk. From what he read, Quirks were like human muscles, the more you use them, the more tired they become, making it harder to use them. However, doing so helped push their limits and make them stronger. Optimus figured the same would apply to his own Quirk, which he and Nezu had dubbed "Transformation".

From their observations, Optimus could transform any part of his human body and make it appear like it was with his Cybertronian body. He also seemed to have the same level of durability and a fraction of the strength in that limb as he would in his robot mode, yet it didn't seem to weigh him down at all. Right now, his Quirk only allowed him to transform something equal to the amount of space from his elbow to his hand, like from his knee to foot, on one limb. He would spend hours on days constantly pushing his transformation, trying to increase the size of the space he could transform. Maybe one day he could transform his whole body to resemble his Cybertronian body.

But he also wasn't just pushing to cover more space with his Quirk. He also tried to change his arms into something other than his swords, and it worked! He managed to create his signature Ion blasters, as well as energon hooks.

 He also tried to change his arms into something other than his swords, and it worked! He managed to create his signature Ion blasters, as well as energon hooks