Merry Christmas, Darling Part 1

Summary: You and Bucky spend Christmas together

Words: 1889

Christmas Morning

Beep, beep, beep...

You groan as you roll over to turn off the blaring alarm clock on your nightstand, squinting as your eyes slowly flutter open while moving around Bucky's vibranium arm. The sun shines brightly through the window, lighting up your bedroom. You block the rays with your hand and hit the button on the clock, glancing at the time, 8:30 AM. A smile grows on your face as you realize it's Christmas morning, your favorite morning of the year. Nothing can quite capture the feeling of waking up on Christmas morning, it's like your soul just connects with it.

You begin running through all of the things to be done before you have to leave for your parents' house this afternoon. This is the first time Bucky is meeting your whole family and you are a little bit nervous. You don't doubt that your family will adore Bucky, they are so supportive and are going to love everything about him despite his past. However, you worry that Bucky is going to be overwhelmed by your big family festivities. What if being with your family on Christmas makes him miss his own family? What if he can't connect with anyone and feels like an outsider? What if he gets overstimulated? Situations race through your mind, but you try to calm yourself down while taking deep breaths and reminding yourself of your mom's excitement when you first asked to bring Bucky. She was so excited to have another person to spoil with gifts. Bucky will probably end up with more gifts than you, knowing your mom.

A soft snore comes from the left side of the bed, bringing your attention to the soundly sleeping super soldier beside you. You smile at his peaceful face and turn around to snuggle up to him again. You nuzzle in the crook of his neck, gently wrapping an arm around his waist as you inhale his intoxicating scent deeply. His even breaths and steady heartbeat instantly relax you, but just as you're about to fall back asleep, you feel a stirring beneath you and look up at his face to find his eyes gently opening.

"Good morning, baby," you softly greet him as his arms tighten around you.

"Morning, doll," he responds lazily, eyes fighting the urge to close again as he yawns. He looks down at you with a gentle smile before kissing your forehead.

"Guess what?" you ask as your face lights up.

"What?" he amuses you with a playful glint in his eyes.

"It's Christmas!" you say excitedly, joy spreading on your face.

"I know!" Bucky says, playfully mocking your tone as his smile matches yours, admiring your childlike excitement, but still shaking off the remnants of his sleepiness. You glare at him a little, eyes softening when you catch his lovingly intense gaze, immediately losing your focus. You stare for a few seconds before remembering something and jumping out of bed quickly. Bucky groans at your sudden movement and sits up slowly to lean against the headboard, "Where are you going? Come back..." he whines, holding out his arms and wiggling his fingers at you.

You raise your finger at him, "Hold on, I want to check something."

You quickly walk over to the window, gently pulling back the curtains to let more glaring beams of light into the room. You ignore Bucky's annoyed groan and smile as your eyes adjust to the bright outdoors to see the ground covered in freshly fallen snow. You look up to see gentle snowflakes falling from the sky and look back at a curious Bucky.