Eleventh ♡

Vote Target - 165+
Comments target - 200+

_______________________________________________

Vanika and Nirmay left the wedding at night, but a sudden heavy rainstorm forced them to stop the car.

“Shit!!” He said, hitting the steering wheel in frustration.

“Maine kaha tha ki ruk jate hain raat hain. But why would you listen to me? Mai to bewkuf hun aapki nazaron me. Shadi ki preparations karvani thi na. Ab karva liye preparation shadi ki? Aa gaya maza?” She was continuously taunting him, irritating him more.

[I already said that we should stay there only. I am stupid in your eyes. You wanted to do preparations for wedding right? ]

“Will you please shut up? Already I am tense.” He said.

“Why would I? Maine kaha tha na. Aur mat maniye meri baat. Khud ko to kuch jada hi samajhte hain aap. Bade aaye .” She said and he closed his eyes.

[I already said . I don't know what do you think of yourself.]

“Officer Vanika! Mujhe kuch sochne dengi aap?” He asked in a pissed off tone and she didn't said anything.

[Will you allow me to think something?]

“Let’s see aage koi hotel ho maybe.” He said and started the car driving at slow speed while Vanika yawned.

After some time, they found a small hotel, securing separate rooms for the night.

In the quiet of her room, Vanika lay wide awake, unable to find sleep, gripped by fear of the booming thunder and flashes of lightning outside. Each clap of thunder felt like it might shake her heart loose from its place in her chest. 

“Hey bhagwan!! Ye bijli mere upar to nhi giregi.” She muttered opening her one eye while her both hands were covering her ears. She recites Hanuman chalisa but she couldn't take this anymore so she rushed towards Nirmay's room locking her door from outside and knocked the door.

[Will this lightening fall on me.]

As Nirmay opened the door, he discovered Vanika anxiously biting her nails holding her pillow and blanket in her hand. 

“What happened?? Kuch problem hai?” He asked with concern as she quickly entered the room. 

[Is there any problem?]

“Actually.. I thought you must be scared from these thundering and lightning to mai aapko company dene aa gayi.” She said with a nervous smile making him roll his eyes.

“Ab sach batayengi ya vapas apne room me jayengi?” He asked, raising his eyebrows.

[Will you tell me the truth or return back to your room?]

“ I am scared of thunder and lightning so can I sleep here? I will adjust there on the couch.” She said looking down.

“You are an officer now. How could you get scared of these things? Aage jaa ke pata nahi kaise kaise missions honge aur kaisi situation hogi. How will you manage then? “ He asked in a strict voice, making her groan mentally.

“Haan to officers hain alien nahi. Aap har jagah apna ye commander vala mode on mat kar diya kariye. I am already scared. Officers are human too; they can get scared of something.”She said in annoyance.

[We are not alien. Why do you always show this commandar mode everywhere?]

"We become officers to protect the country. To protect someone, you need to overcome these fears.” He states with determination.