Twenty one ♡

Vote Target - 800?
Comments - 700+

__________________________________________________

Abhiman's footsteps echoed softly as he approached Vanika on the river bank. She sat there, casting stones into the water with an air of frustration, gritting her teeth to hold back tears.

"Vanika," he called softly sitting beside her, a cautious attempt to pierce the wall of her anger. Ignoring him, she continued her stone-throwing ritual, teeth gritted, a silent testament to her inner struggle.

"Mujhse bhi gussa ho?" Abhiman questioned, the concern evident in his voice. Still, she remained silent, the rhythmic splash of stones against water masking any potential reply.

["Do you get angry with me also?"]

"Why are you here? Go to your best friend, unki hi side lijiye," she deflected, her gaze fixed on the river's currents, refusing to acknowledge his presence.

"When did I took his side? Maine tum dono ko danta na!" Abhiman defended, his words a futile attempt to clarify his stance in the tangled web of their emotions.

[I scolded you both.]

"But you scolded me more. Unko kuch kaha hi nahi just because he is your friend," she accused, the bitterness in her tone highlighting the perceived injustice.

"Vanika, he is not just my friend but your commander also, and the words you used there were not right. Wahan bas ham sab hi nahi the... there were some other coaches and junior commanders present, aur unki nazron me tumhari image hi kharab hogi. He is your fiance, so you can answer him back with those words, but he is also your training commander," Abhiman explained, the gentleness in his tone attempting to impart reason to the chaotic emotions.

["There, it wasn't just us; there were some other coaches and junior commanders present, and in their eyes, your image might be tarnished."]

"Ok, I accept that I should not talk to him like this. But should he talk to me like this, that too in front of so many people? Meri kya value reh gayi hogi sabke samne! Haan, I know I irritate him so much, but I never insulted him like this in front of everyone," she lamented, her voice carrying the weight of both frustration and hurt.

"Shh!! Please stop crying," Abhiman urged, his voice a soothing balm. Gently, he wiped away her tears and caressed her head, a gesture of comfort and understanding. "I know he will realise very soon and come behind you."

"Sir, maine unse batmeezi se baat ki. Unhe jada bura laga hoga na?" she asked innocently, a glimmer of concern in her teary eyes, hoping for reassurance.

["I spoke to him rudely. He must have felt really bad, right?"]

"Well, he deserves that. Mera friend na bewkuf hai bilkul. He doesn't deserve you... Uske jaise Batmeez insaan maine aaj tak nahi dekha. I mean who talks like this? Stupid man! Gadha hai wo bilkul," Abhiman cursed.

["My friend is completely foolish. He doesn't deserve you... I have never seen a rude person like him before. I mean, who talks like this? He's absolutely stupid."]

"Sir, what are you saying? I know unhe aisa nahi bolna chahiye tha, but that doesn't mean ki wo bure insaan hain. He was just angry at that time. Aap unhe aise nahi keh sakte," Vanika defended, her loyalty to her fiancé evident in her words, pushing back against Abhiman's criticism.

[I know one shouldn't have said that, but that doesn't mean he's a bad person. He was just angry at that time. You can't label him like that.]

"Accha ji? Khud chahe jo keh lo koi dusra kuch na keh paye?" he challenged, raising an eyebrow. She looked down, torn between her allegiance and the undeniable truth in Abhiman's words.