31th December 2023

The Wall Street Journal reports on satellite images and American experts: 70% of homes in the Gaza Strip have been damaged or completely destroyed.

~

World Health Organization: 180,000 displaced Palestinians suffer from respiratory infections.

~

Jeffrey McDonald, Communications Advisor in the Canadian government, states that Canada is working with its partners in the region to evacuate its citizens, Canadian residents, and their family members from the Gaza Strip, providing necessary facilitations for this. Canada will launch an immigration program allowing Gaza Strip residents with Canadian relatives to apply for a temporary visa, prioritizing their applications and assessment processes. McDonald denies Israeli media reports claiming the Canadian Immigration Minister supported 'voluntary migration' of Palestinians to Canada, affirming these news are false.

[For your better understanding:
This news item discusses actions taken by the Canadian government in response to the situation in the Gaza Strip, as explained by Jeffrey McDonald, a Communications Advisor in the Canadian government:

1. Evacuation Efforts: Canada is collaborating with regional partners to evacuate Canadian citizens, residents, and their family members from the Gaza Strip. This involves organizing and facilitating their safe departure from the area.

2. Immigration Program: Canada plans to introduce a special immigration program. This program will allow residents of the Gaza Strip who have family members in Canada to apply for a temporary visa. The Canadian government will prioritize processing and assessing these visa applications, potentially expediting the immigration process for these individuals.

3. Clarification of Misinformation: Jeffrey McDonald refutes reports circulated by Israeli media. These reports claimed that the Canadian Minister of Immigration had expressed support for the "voluntary migration" of Palestinians to Canada. McDonald clarifies that these reports are false and there is no truth to them.

In summary, the Canadian government is taking steps to assist people in the Gaza Strip with connections to Canada, both by facilitating their evacuation and through a targeted immigration program, while also correcting misinformation regarding its immigration policies.]

~

Hezbollah mourns four martyrs who fell on the path to Jerusalem: Hassan Akram Al-Moussawi, Haider Mohammed Al-Mazawi, Rakan Ali Sayf Al-Din, and Abbas Mohammed Al-Ajmi.

~

Al-Quds Brigades: Our fighters are engaged in fierce clashes with enemy soldiers on the northern and eastern fronts of Khan Yunis.

~

World Health Organization: 180,000 displaced in the Gaza Strip suffering from respiratory infections.

~

Al-Qassam Brigades: We detonated an Israeli Merkava tank north of Al-Bureij Camp in central Gaza Strip with a 'Shu'az' explosive device.

~

Hamas Movement appreciates South Africa's request to the International Court of Justice to start proceedings investigating genocide crimes in Gaza.

~

Palestinian Prisoners' Club: The occupation arrests 14 Palestinians in the West Bank, raising the number of detainees since October 7 to 4,860.

~

Medical source to Al Jazeera: 100 martyrs and 158 injured due to Israeli bombing in the central area of the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours.