2nd Janaury 2024

Israeli occupation forces open fire in the eastern areas of Rafah.

~

The Prisoners Affairs Authority and the Prisoner's Club in a joint statement: The occupation carries out a new assassination operation against the prisoner "Abdul Rahman Al-Bahsh" from Nablus in Majdo Prison.

~

The Government Media Office in Gaza: The occupation has dropped 65,000 tons of explosives on the sector since the beginning of the aggression.

~

The occupation releases our dear colleague Sa'ed Hassouna and several other brothers after their arrest weeks ago from Al-Nasr neighborhood by a special Israeli unit.

~

Yedioth Ahronoth: Israel decides to appear before the International Court of Justice in The Hague, to demand the rejection of the lawsuit filed against it by South Africa, which said that Tel Aviv committed genocide in Gaza.

~

Haaretz newspaper: The Israeli army announces that an Israeli soldier who was guarding a Palestinian arrested in the Gaza Strip is being interrogated on suspicion of shooting and killing him. The Israeli military spokesman mentioned that the army arrested the Palestinian, who is alleged to be a fighter in the ranks of the Palestinian resistance factions, after a field interrogation, and that the military police are "investigating the circumstances of the shooting."

[For your better Understanding:

The above statement reports an incident involving the Israeli military and a Palestinian individual:

- The Israeli army is conducting an investigation involving one of its soldiers. This soldier was responsible for guarding a Palestinian who had been arrested in the Gaza Strip.
- The Palestinian in question is suspected of being a member of Palestinian resistance factions.
- The investigation centers around allegations that the Israeli soldier shot and killed the Palestinian detainee.
- Before the incident that led to the shooting, the Palestinian was subjected to a field interrogation by the army.
- The circumstances and details of the shooting are being examined by the military police of the Israeli army.

In summary, the Israeli military is investigating an incident where one of their soldiers is suspected of shooting a Palestinian detainee, leading to his death, following a field interrogation.]

~

Occupation boats heavily shell the beach of the city of Rafah in the southern Gaza Strip.

~

Rain and wind destroy tents of displaced people in the Jabalia camp in the northern Gaza Strip.

~

Violent clashes between the resistance and occupation forces in Al-Tuffah and Al-Daraj neighborhoods, northeast of Gaza City.

~

Occupation forces send military reinforcements towards the town of Azzun in Qalqilya, and carry out a campaign of raids and searches.

~

Intense Israeli airstrikes target central Khan Yunis.

~

The Israeli army prevents an ambulance from reaching a seriously wounded young man in Qalqilya.

~

The Israeli army: We are investigating the killing of a prisoner in Gaza by a soldier assigned to guard him.