eleven

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

Derek was silent during the journey back to Beacon Hills. His uncle was whining about his missing finger, while Braeden was driving them back to their home town. To be honest, there was only one thing on his mind.

Or rather one person.

He was worried about her. Wondering where she stayed while he was gone, if she was safe, if she had eaten and drank enough.

"Hey, lover boy." Said Peter, while wincing. "Stop thinking about blondie would you? You stink of affection and worry."

"Shut up." Derek grumbled. He did worry though, he wasn't going to say it out loud, but he did. He couldn't explain why he was so worried about her, why he cared so much about this one person while he barely cared about others.

"So, who's this blondie?" Braeden asked, sparing a glance at the man sitting next to her. "If she got you this worried, she must be important."

"The girl can't even speak and he's already in love with her." Peter mumbled. "It's pathetic really."

Derek rolled his eyes. He didn't bother to respond, it would only fuel peter's distaste for his new found purpose. Derek looked at the little clock on the dashboard and saw that it would be a while before they'd arrive back in Beacon Hills, so he decided to close his eyes for just a second.

However, those seconds turned into hours and the next time that he opened them, they were already close to Beacon Hills. Derek ran a hand through his hair as he sat up, softly rubbing the sleep from his eyes as the trees wizzed passed them.

His heart beat quickened once the 'Welcome to Beacon Hills' sign came into view. He couldn't wait to see Abigail again.

☾☆☽

Abigail was sleeping peacefully when she was awoken by the sun rays, flitting through the curtains of the Mccalls quest bedroom. She could hear Melissa bustling around in the kitchen, preparing a nice breakfast for them all, while Scott's shower was already running.

She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, wincing once she pressed a bit too hard, and climbed out of the warm and comfortable bed. The smell of eggs and toast wafted through the house and beckoned the girl to come down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning." Melissa greeted with a smile. The woman was just putting some eggs on a plate when the Abi came down, who got startled by the toaster once it was done. "I only have a night shift today, so you won't be here alone."

Abigail was relieved to hear that. She didn't like it yesterday when she was all alone in the house. The smile that was painted on her face told Melissa exactly what she needed to know about the girls feelings.