Prologue

I came to the realization that I was in the villainess' body, the few hours after the wedding. I'm unsure of how it happened. Who put me in this body? And why this one?

Was I truly meant to die once more?

Estella de Royalis, the queen of the Istyris kingdom, a villainess that beat no other.

She was cruel to everyone she met, mocking their looks, gossiping about others. Torturing those that got on her nerves.

Some even called her the 'silver witch' due to her unusual hair and attitude.

Her family was the same, the Claudonia estate was known for its rude owners, the danger you would experience if you entered that home.

It is a family of monsters that live in the Istyris kingdom.

And now, I'm her. I'm the woman who dies because of her evil doings.

I stare in the mirror of the place I will now call home. My long silver white locks fall along my back as the maids take out my hair. My fluffy white wedding dress has small dirt stains at the frilled ends.

My purple eyes bore into my reflection, soaking in the character I've just become.

Though she is evil, she is beautiful, her beauty could rival others.

The maids didn't speak, being extra cautious of the rumors of me having a bad attitude. My character is known for being dramatic.

Why couldn't I have been reincarnated before I got married? It would have been easier to break things off with the King.
But I'm stuck here now and I don't know what to expect.

This world is from a book I read called "The Cursed One". It followed the male lead Alastair de Royalis, the son of the current king. Alastair is cursed due to something his father did, this curse causes extreme pain on his body. The thing that makes it worse is that it is more excruciating with the more power you possess.

Alastair has a lot of power, taking after his father making the curse very unbearable. These powers are called gifts, given by the goddess of the Sun, Lucia.

In the novel, Alastair's gift was to control dark shadows like his father. The shadows became overwhelming with his curse which made them go haywire, which almost caused him to die.

The culprit for the creation of the curse in none others that Estella's family, the Claudonias. They were fueled by selfish desires, and cursed the King and his son without anyone knowing that they were at fault.

When Alastair almost dies because of his curse at the beginning of the novel, the King sets out to kill the entire Claudonia family, including me.

I married the person who will kill me.

When I was reading the novel, I didn't think much of her name. My real name is also Estella, but I never thought that I related to her in any other way.

"Your Majesty, we will now help you into your night gown." A meek maid says with her head bowed.

I only nod, not having the courage to open my mouth, I haven't since I came here.

The gown they slip on is more revealing that the ones I had hoped for. Another part about Estella is that she is cunning and seductive. The reason she got married was because of her witts and she was sent to seduce the King. Every party she would go to, she would try her best to win him over.

The King hated her from the beginning because of her family and then for her actions.

She would not stop pestering him, acting seductive whenever she was near him. This means that the King currently hates me. Though he married the real Estella, he received a fake one for the rest of his life.

I need to find a way to divorce him, a way to escape my fate.

I glance at the table to my left near the window, two wine glasses and a bottle of wine adorned it. They're planning for us to sleep together, doubt that will happen no matter how much Estella wants it. The real Estella wants a son, that's how she will gain power by creating a puppet king. But it won't happen because the King doesn't want to sleep with her.

"You may all leave." I finally said my first words. The servants bow, scurrying out of the room, terrified of the words I might say next.

I should get to bed, I don't remember if he does appear for the night or not. But I don't want to find out so I'll avoid him as best as I can. If I can't make him like me, I have to make sure I don't do anything wrong. Having Estella's memories makes it harder, it's as if I need to do bad things.

I lift the sheets but pause as I do.

If I go to sleep right now, it will be rude to His Majesty. From my recollection, he didn't say much during the ceremony, he was stern and said only what needed to be said. Taking no heed to my presence.

I sigh, placing the covers back up and walking to the table. I guess I should wait, it would be the right thing to do. Glancing at the table, I then turn to the balcony doors, walking through them.

The cool breeze nipped at my exposed skin. I gazed out at the garden below the King's room. Its beautiful flowers, starting to bloom in the spring air.

I rub my arms, pushing away the cold as I take in the sight of the king's courtyard. After today, I will be sent to the Moon Palace, the place in which the Queen stays. The place I am right now is the Sun Palace, the palace where the King sleeps.

The King will no longer want to see me after today unless it is for important meetings. It's better this way, he minds his own business and I have mine.

As I gaze down, leaning against the railing, I don't hear the door to the room opening. Only the loud footsteps cause me to turn my attention back into the room.

There he stood, possibly the most handsome man I've ever seen. His dark black hair wisped in the wind, his jaw sharp and tense at the sight of me.

But his eyes were what stood out the most, red eyes shining like rubies in the moonlight. Like jewels that weren't meant to be touched.

His figure towers over everything in sight. Goddess Lucia blessed him well.

He must be the king, his eyes are a sign of that.

"I greet His Majesty, King Kyrell de Royalis, the blessed sun of the kingdom." I curtsy the best I can, my white hair falling onto my face as I do.

He doesn't say anything as he looks at me, just turns back around, heading towards the bed. I guess he really does hate me.

I follow behind him, shutting the balcony door, and sliding the curtains in front. The only light in the room is the lamp on his right side of the bed away from the balcony door.

He takes one last look at me before turning to the door.

"You may sleep here for the night but tomorrow you will go to the Moon Palace. There will be no first night." His voice is deeper than I expected. More mysterious and unknown.

He leaves me there with no other words.

How did Estella not get the hint that the King doesn't like her?

I release a loud sigh in the empty room. I just met my murderer and I survived for now.

I don't know if I'll get any sleep tonight, the bed is extremely large for only one person.

Why did he come to tell me that there will be no first night when he could have told a servant? Did he want to see my reaction? That I would be head over heels for him. It will never happen. Though I love these characters nothing will ever happen between me and the King.

I lift the sheets once more, entering the bed, staring at the elegant beige ceiling.

I need to find a way to stop the curse. If I'm able to do that, I might be able to survive. Whatever I do, I need to find an escape to stop Alastair from being hurt.