Chapter 1

The Moon Palace was almost as grand as the Sun Palace. It sported beautiful gardens and sculptures that gave it life.

In addition to it nature, the interior was filled with aesthetic architecture that baffled my mind.

Though the author of the novel didn't speak much of the Moon Palace since there was no queen, the world had to build on itself. Fill in the holes that the author missed.

"I will be the one to guide Your Majesty." An elderly servant approached me. "My name is Bennett, I am the head butler of the Moon Palace."

He introduced himself in a well mannered way.

"Thank you for your service." I say calmly.

I can't afford to make any mistakes. My life depends on that.

The gentlemen led my around the palace. Showcasing the drawing room, dining room, and other important parts.

My favorites were the art room and the library. The two places where I can just be myself in my free time. I'll return to them when I have more time.

As we went on the tour, I noticed that Bennett had no ill intent towards me or didn't fear me as the rest of the servants. It seems he held a professional stance or was keeping an eye on me for the King. Whatever it is I hope it doesn't cause trouble.

Having finished the tour, it was time for lunch. The servants rushed to get their jobs done, avoiding any interaction with me.

"Your Majesty, here is your lunch?" A timid maid served me my food. She was scared out of her mind, her hands were trembling as she placed the plate in front of me.

"Thank you." I said gracefully. She jumped at the sound of my voice.

What can I do to not make her so fearful?

"Why are you trembling?" I say straightforwardly.

"What?" Her back shoots straight as her face does not hide the fear.

"Has something happened for you to be shaking? A maid of the queen must be confident as her mistress." My voice is calm and powerful, not leaning into the rude behavior the real Estella has. Being inside her body has made me, take some of her qualities. Some that might just even kill me.

"My apologies, Your Majesty. I'm just nervous of being able to serve a great person such as yourself." The young woman bows her head, not keeping eye contact.

I could see the sweat pooling on the sides of her face.

My eyes observe most likely inducing more terror into her.

"Be sure to fix this. I expect great things from you." I turn away from her, looking down at my meal. It looked delicious.

"Thank you, Your Majesty for your kindness." She hurriedly bows, a sigh of relief existing her mouth.

She then quickly shuffles out of the room, no doubt wondering why I didn't punish her. Estella really did have terrible rumors about her. And everyone believed them.

But what do you expect when the rest of your family is just as irrational when it comes to treating others.

*****

Three months have passed, the month of July now upon me. I've been living in the Moon Palace, getting accustomed to the life of an abandoned queen. I have to say the peace and quiet is pleasant, far more than the memories that Estella gave me of her home.