Chapter 3

The red orange clouds lined the sky, filling it with so much life. As I walk back towards the palace, I notice a man approaching, knights behind him.

Kyrell marches straight towards me with a not so happy look. His red eyes didn't shine but instead were focused on me.

"Greetings, Your Majesty." I curtsy as he is a few feet in front of me.

He turns to his knights and then to Lina. "Leave us," he orders, his voice, deep and scary.

Once they were out of hearing range, I said, "Did you need something, Your Majesty?" I give him a curious look.

"What business do you have with my son?" He spits out, malice coating his words. His frame was stern and intimidating.

How did he hear about this so soon? I just met him a while ago. Is he keeping tabs on me?

"I was just introducing myself. He wanted to see the golden dragon fountain in the Moon Palace." I say calmly, trying to show no fear.

"Why would he want to see that fountain?—Nevermind that." He steps closer to me, only a few inches apart.

"Stay away from my son. I better not see you near him again or there will be consequences." His voice, so commanding that I want to run away. But I won't. Not when I have to save Alastair.

A frown plasters my face. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty. But Prince Alastair is my son as well. You may not let me do my duties as a wife, but let me fulfill my duty as a mother. Though you may not trust me, I only want what is best for the prince."

He lets out a huff. "Your son? When have you ever thought about him like that?" He breathes in my face.

"You want nothing more than to get rid of him. Which will never happen because I will stop you. And if you do try something, I will do everything in my power for you to have a torturous death." His threat is terrifying. I want nothing more than to live and he is the one in my way.

I match his glare, not faltering under his deadly frame. I'm grateful that I can't hear his thoughts, his words are bad enough.

"And stop coming to my room. What you want will never happen so give up already." He pulls back, stepping away from me.

"How do you know what I want? Have you ever taken the time to truly get to know me?" I glare harshly at him, his angry face falters at the sight of it.

"Ever since I married you, I have asked nothing from you. My only wish so far is to see the prince. Now if you excuse me, Your Majesty." I spit the words out.

"I hope you have a wonderful night." I meant none of those words.

I bow once more, before heading towards the palace. I don't care if it is rude, I've had enough of his presence.

He may be tortured in this world, but I'm tortured in my mind and the world. It seems everyone is against me and I don't need him to tell me.

It is difficult to understand the pain of not being able to tell the truth. If I turned to his side, he would only doubt me.

Estella was friends with Kyrell ever since they were younger. The previous king would have constant meetings with my father so it was normal for the children to get to know each other.

As Estella grew older she believed that she would one day marry him, after all as a child she was shy. Unlike the adult Estella who uses harsh words to avoid people, she didn't say much. Too scared of her parents' wrath.

Kyrell didn't think much of her because he also didn't say much. But once the king passed, Kyrell changed and became more distant. In the novel, my father killed him and that is where the king's anger comes from.