Chapter 21

The day of the delegation soon arrived. The Sun Palace was organized and neat for the King's arrival.

Scouts were sent ahead of time, days prior to scan the area to make sure it is safe. Having found no problems, the king was said to arrive today.

The plan is to greet the king in the throne room before we enjoy a lovely meal to accommodate ourselves. After which, the meetings for planning the treaty starts.

The visit will last about a week and at the end of the week a ball will be held to leave the Osertians with a warm goodbye.

I have been rushing the planning. My mind and body were sore from it all, but I still sat in my throne, next to Kyrell and Alastair. The other nobles surrounded the outskirts of the room, preparing themselves to see the king.

"Do not show any emotion towards him. He likes to play tricks so do not give in." Kyrell warns me from my left.

He doesn't have to worry because I was already planning on that. He is a probable enemy, I have to keep my guard up.
The double doors soon swung open, announcing the arrival of the king.

"Welcoming His Majesty, King Caelus Osertia, the king of Osertia."

A bold man walks into the spacious room, fitted with royal green robes. Other gentlemen followed behind him, most likely nobles.

Platinum blonde hair.

Blue-green eyes.

Cae.

He was undoubtedly Cae. From his hair to his smirk. He was the man that saved me all those times. How could I have missed this?

He told me to call him Cae. I don't know how the characters look, but how did I not realize the name?

My body tensens at the realization, my eyes wide with surprise.

He glanced over Kyrell and then over to me and Alastair. His smirk grows larger as he sees me.

He knows. He knows that I'm Esty.

I should have picked a different alias. I should have been more careful.

"You haven't changed a bit, Your Majesty." He mocks with his eyes.

"And you haven't as well. Still the annoying bastard I know." Kyrell matches him.

The nobles behind him put their guards up, not taking Kyrell's insult lightly.

"I see you've gotten married. What a beautiful wife you have." He locks eyes with me.

My back straightens further as all the eyes shift to me.

Please don't reveal that you know me. I begged in my mind. It would cause a stir if the nobles knew.

"Yes, she is. But we didn't come here to talk about her." His voice was protective of me. "How about we enjoy ourselves over a nice meal? You must be tired from your long trip."

"That's a shame. I wouldn't mind talking about her."

Caelus's words sent shivers down my spine.

Kyrell narrows his eyes at Caelus.

The guests were then assured to their rooms where they could prepare for the meal.

But I was restless. My mind would not stop rushing to Cae or Caelus, I'm not sure what to even call him.

The dinner was separated in the large dining room. Caelus shared a table with the royals while the nobles were at a table of their own.

It would keep the conversations more private.