Chapter 10

Once all the guests finished, I excused myself to find some fresh air. Kyrell and Alastair didn't seem to mind.

It's stuffy in there, I think as I breathe in the winter breeze. It will almost be one year since I came here. Stuck in someone else's body. Someone who is hated by all others that she herself became evil with them.

If Estella wasn't tortured by her family or had this gift, I believe she could have been happy. The once sweet child was forced to become someone despised and hurt.

Is this how the villains feel in romance novels? Lonely. Afraid. That they will never have someone to love them. The heroes get the glory but they get the pain.

I place my chin on the palms of my hands as I lean against the marble railing. I close my eyes as I feel the cool breeze blow my hair.

After I few more minutes I head back inside. As I walk down the hall, someone calls my name.

"Estella."

I turn to see Zandrina and Kylo, my siblings. They both have father's reddish brown hair but they have our mother's blue eyes. I'm the one that looks different than them.

"Zandrina? Kylo?" I question as they come close to me.

Surely they won't do anything. I'm queen now, they won't do anything rash—I hope.

"She finally left the king's side. Now we can finally get some answers." Kylo thinks, approaching me.

They quickly pull me into a nearby lounge, closing the door, before I could protest.

What are they going to do?

"How could you betray us like this? Your only job was to bear a son." Zandrina says, her face filled with hatred.

My back hits the wall as they corner me.

"I am thinking of you. The King will kill you if I don't do this." I explain, my eyes wary of what they will do.

"If you do your job correctly then there will be another king," Kylo says.

"That's treasonous. The King is too strong for that. I don't want to take part in any of this." I try to plead my way out.

"I guess we weren't hard enough and now that you are married you forgot all about your duty." Kylo says, a smirk forms.

"I am queen now, I have power over you. So don't do anything rash." I warn them.

"You may be queen but the King isn't smitten with you. He will never believe anything you say," Zandrina spits.

She is right, I can't tell Kyrell. He doesn't trust me.

Kylo grabs my wrist. "Maybe we should kick some sense into her. It's been a while since we have."

I don't move. I can't.

Kylo's gift is paralysis at the touch of his palm. He has gotten better at controlling how long it lasts and what is paralyzed.

And I'm his victim.

I can't feel as my body shakes from the fear. Memories resurfacing of the torture these two have put me through.

"Yes, it has been awhile. Now I can say that I used my gift on a queen," Zandrina laughs, lifting her hand to me.

She pulls down the neckline of the dress exposing just above my breast. Placing her digit on my chest.

Searing pain runs through my body at her touch.

Zandrina's gift is the ability to burn at the touch of her fingers. Unlike my gift, theirs is more physical than mental.

I can't scream, my throat unable to move. She dances her fingers on my body, swirling burn marks.