Chapter 12

Humein Toh Loot Liya Milke
Ishq Walon Ne
Bahut Hi Tang Kiya Ab Tak
Inn Khayalon Ne
Nasha Chadha Jo Shareefi Ka
Utaar Phenka Hai
Besharam Rang Kahan Dekha
Duniya Walon Ne

Mujhmein Nayi Baat Hai
Nayi Aadaton Ke Saath Hai
Mujhmein Nayi Baat Hai
Nayi Aadaton Ke Saath Hai
Hai Jo Sahi
Woh Karda Nahi
Galat Hone Ki
Yahi Toh Shuruaat Hai

                                                                           *******

The air in the  house was heavy with tension as the clock ticked closer to the arrival of Reyansh's family. Dressed in an elegant yet slightly trembling demeanor, I fidgeted with the hem of my dupatta, casting anxious glances towards the entrance. 

The room buzzed with hushed conversations, and  my  cousin Ruhi, always quick to add drama, couldn't resist stirring the pot

Ruhi, with a mischievous smile, approached me. "Shivani, my dear, Reyansh's family is quite Strict and choosy about girls. I hope your face won't shock them too much. After all, you wouldn't want to jeopardize your chances with Reyansh."

My , nerves giving way to a spark of assertiveness, met Ruhi's gaze squarely. "Ruhi, Reyansh was never yours to lose. And his family is not what you just told. They are very nice and polite. Your assumptions are amusing, but let's stick to reality."

Ruhi, momentarily silenced, shot a venomous glare before retreating.

The doorbell chimed, announcing the arrival of Reyansh's family. My uncle welcomed them, attempting to mask the tension with forced smiles. Reyansh, a figure of authority with an air of dominance, entered the room, his eyes briefly meeting mine with an unspoken understanding.

Pleasantries were exchanged, and my best friend, Mahi, stood by my side, providing silent support. Mahi, sensing my unease, whispered, "You've got this, Shivi. Remember that you love this man and he loves you too. Right ? "

I nod while inside I feel like killing myself for lies I told Mahi about my & Reyansh's relationship.

Reyansh's family, seemingly pleased with the arrangement, engaged in conversation, their expressions growing content as they interacted with my uncle's family. Reyansh himself, though exuding confidence, displayed a sense of subtle impatience.

Ruhi, seizing an opportunity to taunt me once more, remarked, "Well, well, isn't this a grand affair? Shivani, did you ever imagine you'd be sitting here discussing marriage with Reyansh?"

I, no longer willing to tolerate Ruhi's provocations, responded with a touch of savagery, "Ruhi, your fantasies have run wild. Reyansh was never a part of any romantic equation. Your assumptions are as entertaining as they are baseless."

Ruhi, silenced by my unyielding words, retreated into the background.

Reyansh, sensing the underlying tension, cleared his throat gaining everyone's attention " Why don't we start with the dates for marriage ?"

My uncle, though visibly hesitant, " Yes, we should start with that." signaling a reluctant acceptance.

The conversation shifted towards the impending marriage, a topic that hung like a storm cloud over the room.

" I talked with our Pandit ji and he has suggested some dates for marriage." Reyansh's Mom said.

" First one is of 20 days from today, Another is 4 Months after this week and Last one is of after 1 year. Which one should we fix Shivani and Reyansh have to decide? " She side while looking at me and Reyansh.

" Mom fix the first date from today. And engagement will take place after 5 days." Reyansh said while making everyone shock.

" But how will we do all the arrangement of the engagement in such short time." Mahi said while looking at me.

I don't know what should I reply. 

" Don't worry I have already asked the Event Planners to do the arrangement. You all don't have to do anything. Just be there on time." Reyansh said and walked out of the house.

" Melhotra JI, don't worry We will keep Shivani happy and treat her like our own daughter." Reyansh's dad said while giving assurance to my uncle.

Soon the Rathore Family left . I walked to my room tired. I changed into something comfortable and Laid on my bed to get some rest.

Suddenly My phone vibrated showing a notification. I opened it to see A message from an unknown number.

" HI" the message said. I ignored it but there came another message.

" Oh sorry I forgot to Say my name. Well I am Reyansh. I thought of texting you so I asked for your number from Your best friend." I sighed in relief when I saw his name the. I immediately saved his name in my phone.

" Hi Mr. Rathore- I mean Reyansh. What made you text me." I texted him back.

" Nothing just wanted to tell you be ready for  tomorrow." He replied back.

" What is happening tomorrow ?" 

" Well, Mom asked me to take you for Shopping for Engagement. " He said.

" OH , that  you don't have to worry I will go with Mahi." I said trying my best not go out with Reyansh.

" Be ready at exact 10:00 Tomorrow." He texted and when I texted him saying no he just left my text on seen.

" God do you really hate me so much that you always trouble me with this Devil man A.K.A Reyansh. " I said and tossed my phone on the side table and closed my eyes.

                                                                             ******

Author Here : 

                                                 Short Update but still an update.

Bye for now.....