Chapter 19

Sun raha hai na tu
Ro raha hun main
Sun raha hai na tu
Kyun ro raha hu main

                                                *********

The sterile hospital room was filled with the low hum of machines, their rhythmic beeps creating an uneasy symphony that reflected the tense atmosphere

The sterile hospital room was filled with the low hum of machines, their rhythmic beeps creating an uneasy symphony that reflected the tense atmosphere. Seeing my Butterfly sleeping undisturbed on the white hospital bed made my heart skip a beat. The sterile smell of disinfectant hanging in the air, and the sight of tubes and wires connecting her to various monitors painted a grim picture of the gravity of her condition.

I paced the small room, my fists clenched in a tumult of anger and worry. This was my fault, my burden to bear. The events leading to this moment replayed in my mind like a relentless loop. Aarman, standing silently by my side, mirrored the weight of the situation on both our shoulders. 

The tension in the room was palpable, and finally, words broke the silence.

"I can't believe Maya would  return and do something like this. We'll get through this, Reyansh. Shivani is strong; she'll pull through." Aarman muttered, his voice carrying a mixture of disbelief and anger.

I shot him a glance, my jaw tight. "She wanted to hurt me, but my Butterfly paid the price."

" Reyansh, stop blaming yourself ."

My voice cracked with frustration, a torrent of emotions swirling within me. "How can I not blame myself for this? This happened because of me. Because of my choices. Shivani is lying there because I couldn't protect her!"

Aarman's gaze remained steady, his own turmoil evident. "Reyansh, blaming yourself won't change what happened. We are in this together. We will support Shivani, and we will find a way to make things right. But right now, she needs you to be strong."

I clenched my fists, fighting the urge to vent my anger on Arman. There was truth in his words which I was hesitant in accepting. The silence in the room deepened, broken only by the beeping machines monitoring Shivani's condition.