Chapter 13

Saathiya..
Saathiya..
Pagle se dil ne
Yeh kya kiya

Chun liya..
Chun liya..
Tujhko devane ne
Chun liya

Dil toh uda uda re
Aasman mein badalon ke sang
Yeh toh machal machal ke
Ga raha hai sun nahi si dhun

Badmash dil toh thag hai bada (Badmash dil toh thag hai bada)
Badmash dil yeh tujh se juda (Badmash dil yeh tujh se juda)
Badmash dil meri sune na zid pe ada.. (Badmash dil meri sune na zid pe ada..)

                                               ******

The ticking clock echoed through Shivani's living room, each second amplifying her nervous anticipation. She paced back and forth, checking her reflection in the hallway mirror repeatedly. Today was different—Reyansh was due to pick her up for a shopping trip, a rather unexpected event given their strained relationship.

Dressed in a modest yet elegant ensemble, Shivani adjusted her dupatta, her mind filled with conflicting thoughts. Reyansh had forced her into this contractual engagement, yet his recent actions had been oddly considerate, creating a sense of discomfort she couldn't quite decipher.

The doorbell rang, jolting Shivani from her reverie. With a deep breath, she opened the door to find Reyansh standing there, impeccably dressed in a charcoal grey suit. His stern expression softened slightly upon seeing her.

"Ready?" he asked, his tone less rigid than usual.

"Yes," Shivani replied, forcing a smile as she stepped outside and locked the door behind her. The air felt charged with tension as they made their way to Reyansh's car, the engine roaring to life, breaking the uneasy silence.

As they reached the shopping district, Reyansh broke the silence. "We should start with your outfit. Any particular color you have in mind?"

Shivani hesitated, her voice slightly strained, "Maybe something traditional, not too flashy."

Reyansh nodded, "Got it. Traditional and elegant."

Their first stop was a boutique adorned with vibrant traditional attires. The array of colors and fabrics overwhelmed Shivani, and Reyansh, surprisingly adept in this feminine realm, took the lead. His decisions, while assertive, held a consideration that caught Shivani off guard.

"How about this?" Reyansh held up a sharara in a rich pink  hue with intricate gold embroidery. Shivani's eyes lingered on the outfit, a genuine appreciation softening her expression.

" It's beautiful, but maybe something simpler?" she admitted, her voice less guarded than usual. Reyansh acknowledged her approval with a nod, the tension in the air subtly easing.

Reyansh nodded again, seemingly attuned to her preferences. They continued browsing, exchanging brief comments about fabrics and designs. Slowly, the atmosphere began to shift.

 Reyansh's initial stiffness softened, and he even managed a small smile when Shivani found a sharara she liked.

"Good choice," he complimented, his tone less rigid.

Encouraged by his approval, Shivani teased, "Well, maybe you have a hidden talent for wedding shopping."

Reyansh smirked, "Who knows? I might surprise you." 

With the sharara chosen, they moved to the men's section. The tension persisted but was punctuated by moments of ease.

Approaching the men's section, Reyansh selected a navy blue sherwani. "What about this?" he inquired, meeting Shivani's eyes. The genuine curiosity in his gaze made her pause.