Chapter 15

Dekha hazaro dafa aapko
Phir bekarari kaisi hai
Sambhale sambhalta nahi yeh dil
Kuch pyaar mein baat aisi hai

Lekar ijazat ab aap se
Saansein yeh aati jati hain
Dhoondhe se milte nahi hai hum
Bas aap hi aap baki hain

                                      *********

As I stood in front of the ornate mirror in my room, the delicate lace of the light peach sharara hugging my form, a whirlwind of emotions surged within me. The sweetheart neckline showcased the curve of my collarbones, and the flowing silhouette conveyed a whisper of elegance and precociousness. The light peach dupatta hung beautifully at the back, adding an ethereal charm to the outfit.

As soon as I looked at my reflection I started feeling nervous in my stomach. "Shivani, what did you do?" I asked, uncertainty visible in my eyes. The grand hall was glowing in ethereal colors and flowers, yet my heart was filled with apprehension. This contract marriage, this engagement, felt like stepping into unknown territory.

Yet, beneath the surface of concern, there was a subtle joy in the twinkle in my eyes. "Maybe, just maybe, this forced union could be the beginning of something unexpected," I thought, fingers gently tracing the delicate lace. A small smile appeared on my lips as I thought about the possibilities hidden within the layers of peach fabric.

The sadness remained, a sad tone of love's celebration. "Why does duty often feel like a cage holding back the wings of the heart?" I felt the weight of responsibilities pressing on my shoulders. Engagement, a symbol of love, had a bittersweet flavor in the background of a contract marriage.

The open waves of my hair hid the rosy redness of my face, hiding my inner turmoil. "It's just an engagement," I reminded myself, an effort to quell the doubts whispering in quiet moments. "One step forward, regardless of the deal we have made."

Beauty in simplicity collides with the complexity of emotions. "This peach dress speaks of grace, but my heart is entangled in threads of uncertainty," I admitted in my reflection, a silent confession in the moments before the grand reveal.

As I descended the grand staircase adorned in the breathtaking simplicity of my attire, the opulence of the surroundings contrasting with my elegant peach sharara, I felt a flutter of conflicting emotions. The venue, immersed in a combination of floral pink and white with hints of gold , silver, and other  colors , exuded an air of romance and celebration.

 The venue, immersed in a combination of floral pink and white with hints of gold , silver, and other  colors , exuded an air of romance and celebration