Guardian of Chrono

Chapter Fourth

After the peculiar incident with the enchanted chest, Adelina and I continued our journey through the scattered paths within Side Chronospace. The walls bore intricate patterns, hinting at the ancient mysteries embedded in the tower.

Adelina, now materialized in her physical form, walked beside me with a sense of curiosity and a hint of bemusement. In a moment of quiet reflection, I turned to Adelina with a sigh.

"Why did you choose to follow me? If you didn't agree with the summoning, why stick by someone who knows so little, seeking memories and understanding?"

"Just call me Verdtandi.."

"I have my reason.."

Adelina met my gaze, her blue eyes reflecting the complexities of her thoughts.

"This event It's a force beyond my control, a summoning that defied my understanding. I find myself bound to you for reasons unknown."

I couldn't help but feel a sense of responsibility for the unforeseen circumstances that brought us together after hearing her words.

"Why stick close to me then?"

"If I'm not your summoner"

"I find myself here, summoned not by the Overseer but by fate's design or so I thought"

Adelina sighed, her expression revealing a struggle to make sense of the inexplicable.

"Well I am also lost in this puzzle just as much as you are. My purpose seems entwined with yours, and I am compelled to find a way back. Until then, I shall stick close."

A smile graced my lips, a genuine expression of gratitude. For the first time, someone understood the confusion and uncertainties that surrounded me.

"Thank you, Adelina."

"Let us navigate this labyrinth together, seeking answers and perhaps discovering the benefits that lie ahead."

Adelina sighed hearing those from my word.

"Don't be silly.."

"I'm not acknowledge you yet as my companion, I'll just work with you till I find way to return"

As Adelina and I stood on the bridge, our path seemed to vanish into the emptiness ahead. Verdtandi, puzzled, turned to me, questioning if there was another way forward.

As Vertdandi (Adelina) and I traversed the grand halls of Chronospace Tower more further, we encountered an unexpected obstacle—a blockade that halted our progress. Vertdandi's gaze met mine, inquiring if I had any means to overcome this mysterious barrier

"This place is full of traps, we need to be cautious,"

Vertdandi warned, her words carrying the weight of experience

"Speaking about Traps"

"Do you have any idea about this blockade, witch?"

"I have been encounter something like this before"

Surveying the surroundings, I began to wander, seeking a clue or solution to the mysterious gate.

The air in Chronospace was thick with both anticipation and the weight of forgotten tales. As I navigated the corridor.

For moment a glimmer of silver caught my eye, and Adelina's voice echoed from a distance.

"Witch, over here"

"I've found something peculiar,"

In the midst of our search, Vertdandi's voice reached me, calling from a distance. She had discovered something—a pair of totems floating eerily, each sealed by mysterious ancient sigils.