Past Whisper

Chapter Eight

   Crunched sounds under The witch feet in forest road as she pressed onward into the forest wood, a oppressive stillness broken only by the rasp witch sigh's heavy breathing as air grew colder with a heavy silence.

[ "Had she wandered too far? Doubt gnawed at her, but there was no turning back."]

   Clutching into staff and hat, The Witch she pressed on like memory flickering in candle of the darkness. The oppressive of hum sounds resonated getting more intensely as it filling the air with foreboding in silence, The witch scanned the clearing with senses on high alertness.

   The path stretching endlessly before she had walked for what felt like hours dense foliage thinned giving way clearing an unnatural silver light.

   And then, shadows – grotesque creatures materialized from the gate portal, their skeleton bodies with flicker movement encroaching darkness, their eyes glowing.
They were the monsters Lady Vera had warned about invaders from Chronospace Tower.

– Grotesque appendages, skeleton body, warty hands, they emerged from the darkness their eyes devoid of iris or pupil as it glowing.

"Icy Lance.."

   An incantation formed from her lips in whisper voice language spells coming from her lips that felt unfamiliar as she raising her staff that start glowing light. And in instant crackle energy that momentarily illuminated forming translucent of shard erupted through her staff a shard of solidified from winter.

   The shards pierced through their skins and monstrous forms shrieked, grating as the ice pierced their flesh dissolving them into wisps of darkness that dissipated into the twilight air.

But before..

   Something materialized behind the witch after she can celebrate her victor, it was single creature larger than its brethren or monstrous before, lunged with surprising fast agility aftee appearing from another black gate, having attack was swift despite the oversized while carrying pickle.

   Twisting her staff that gripping hard in her hands. The Witch manuver through with surprising same speed and agility as pickle monster before slamming her staff against it, deflecting attack that approaching.

[ "Another incantation from the depths Witch being, the words tumbling onto her lips"]

"Ice Frostbite!"

   A wave blue aura envelope in her staff pulsed  energy in shimmering blue that surged through outwards. Frreezing frigid in blue aura encased the creature's limbs layer of frost swallow it slowly, the monster roared with frustration sounds in loud as its struggles futile against the relentless grip of the spell.

   In second the creature, defeated and immobilized, dissolved into a cloud of dark mist that dissipated into the twilight air.

["It's was clear victory"]

   As silence once more in after few seconds of monster disappear and its broken only by the rasp The witch own breath. The battlefield now was already clear only littered smoldering remnants from monsters vanquished.

The witch in relief washed over herself

At the center of the clearing,

   Single object – a shard unlike anything I had ever seen floating that pulsed with a faint white pure of light that couldn't explain. The Witch cautiously approached and her hand hovered over the shard a sudden tremor running through inside of her like the shard itself pulsed in recognition.

["Wave of dizziness swept over as the white light intensifying until it engulfed her vision."]

   And clearing the monsters, Lady Vera everything was dissolved into a swirl of colors and shard's of fragmented. Blurry Images flashed before, towering castle, a battlefield consumed by burning fire that painted the sky in hues of crimson and violet.

And blurry figure like it's was woman?.

Then, darkness.

To Be Continued..