Veiled Mystery

Chapter Nine

    Consciousness flickered into me like I was get phoenix flame and resurrected, feeling the cold from floor of Chronospace Tower stone with my back pressed against it sending jolts of discomfort through my skins body, my head still throbbed in dizzy and dull ache resonating from the battle with the monstrous spider. Blurr, I found myself sprawled down on the cold floor of the Chronospace Tower corridor with mu staff lying beside me.

    Lifting my head as I saw Adelina approaching me, she asked with her voice laced with a hint of something… was it worry?

"Are you awake? You took quite a blow from that creature"

"I… I think I'm alright. Or at least,"

    I rasped as pushing myself up to a sitting position as alright as one could be after battling a monstrous spider

"Just… need a moment."

    Adelina surveyed me with a skeptical look, but her lips twitched in what might have been a suppressed smile.

"Easy there,"

"There will be time for exploration later, You need to recover your strength."

"Perhaps a little rest would do"

"No,"

    Rest? The word seemed foreign to me now wasn't the time for recuperation, I need to find some screts lay hidden within Chronospace Tower about my existence, and I wouldn't be deterred by exhaustion.

"There's more to be done. We need to find…"

   Protested as pushing myself up despite the dizziness that threatened to overwhelm me.

"Very well.."

    Adelina sighed her tone softened slightly after looking at my protest, last sentence died on my lips as Adelina gestured she walks away from me towards some doorway that hadn't been there before.

"The spider... Did we defeat it?"

    Pushing past the remnants of pain I rose from the floor to my feet retrieving my hat and staff, I began follow Adelina.

"We did you collapsed after landing the final blow, And after we disabled the spider, a new room appeared,"

"It's seems it was sealed by some kind of arcane lock. Perhaps you can open it"

    Stood amongst the twisted metal remnants of the corridor its entrance marked by intricate glowing word of runes that I could see in blurry because my condition.

["This is similar to the blockade gate I encountered before."]

    The intricate rune patterns locking in shimmered purple otherworldly glow and It was similar to the one I had encountered before, with the harsh-tongued alchemist where's the blockade gate sealed, I tracing the swirling patterns with my finger. 

    Without waiting for response I began to placing my hand upon the rune formula a sudden felt a surge of energy course through me. 

    The runes as if recognize my presence it flickered briefly, before deactivating in sounds soft hum and doorway creaked open revealing lit chamber dimly, its interior shrouded in an air of mystery.

"Well, well, well, been while isn't witch?"

    I spun around suddenly as sound resonated with a familiar accent, a creature I never expected to see – a sleek black cat with piercing her eyes.

*******

    The door chamber creaked shut in behind us after we enter into a dim room with cavernous space lined with towering shelves that groaned under the weight of countless tomes of book, ethereal glow emanated in otherworldly light upon the scene from the spines of the books.

Chronospace Witch : Chronicles Tale Of Witch Through Forgotten Memoriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें