vii. night school

"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩

"𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩. 𝙄 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙨."

; 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒
𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 ;

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⊱⊰⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

"He looks upset." Indiana frowned.

She was looking out of Allison's bedroom window at Elijah pacing in the driveway. He was waiting on Scott, but the boy was incredibly late.

"Well, he probably is." Allison joined her side and sighed. "This is really creepy, by the way."

Indiana rolled her eyes. "Let's go give him some company. Come on."

She pushed herself up and started to head for the door.

"You know, he's gonna tell us that he's fine, Scott's probably almost here, and to go back inside, right?" Allison argued but followed the girl out anyway.

Indiana shrugged while she raced down the stairs. "Then he'll have to suck it up, because I'm not letting him stand out there alone."

Allison laughed with a grin. "Okay, Inds."

The blonde leads them out the house and down the driveway until they reached the other half of the Argent Twins. They just stood there silently for a few seconds, Elijah staring down at his phone.

"Is he not answering?" Indiana spoke up.

"Holy shit!" Elijah jumped, looking over at them with wide eyes. "What are you doing out here?"

Allison smiles. "Giving your lonely self some company while you wait for your boyfriend."

"That is... twenty-five minutes late." Indiana said after checking the time on her phone.

"Maybe he hit some traffic." Elijah suggested.

"In this town? At 8:30 at night? Eli, no..." Indiana countered.

The boy's phone ringing cut their conversation short. He looked down at it. Lydia.

Elijah sighed and answered it.

"We're coming to get you." Lydia's voice entered his ear.

"Please, Lydia, no. I'm sure he's almost here." Elijah groaned. "And besides, I've got Allison and Indiana with me, so you can't get all of us."