viiii. wolf's bane

"𝙒𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝

"𝙒𝙚'𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝."

; 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒
𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭 ;

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⊱⊰⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Her dreams were plagued with the heat of fires she knew she couldn't put out. They sparked something in her that she didn't know was there, not until recently at least. Vision after vision of things she couldn't possibly explain to anyone without sounding absolutely insane. And she usually sounded pretty insane when she spoke about her beliefs, but sounding absolutely insane didn't really seem super appealing to her. 

Though, here, in her dark room with her eyelids closed, brows unconsciously furrowed, and hands gripping anything they could hold onto, she could allow herself to be absolutely insane. Really, as the dreams floated around in her brain, she wasn't that quiet girl with big books in her hands that always had her grasping at the straws of the universe they all knew, she wasn't the box dyed blonde with piercings and makeup that made her seem much different that she really was, she wasn't the girl with attention issues who only spared her real glances at someone she thought of in ways she knew she shouldn't, but instead she was a wild being with fire all around her but not a single flame touching her while she stopped the darkness from its attempts to consume her every bit of soul.

In her nightmare-like-dreams, the girl could be who she really was even if she didn't actually know who that really was. She didn't know what she could be, what she would be, or what she is. She had no clue whether or not she'd figure it out before everything went to hell, or if she'd get a grasp on the things her subconscious was telling her in time to help the people that she cared about it.