Chapter 9

Freen asked, still pulling weeds in their garden. "Did I say something stupid? Did you take advantage of me?"

"Woah. Hold on, little fella," Becky chuckled. "You were too drunk yesterday, and while I was taking you to bed, I accidentally dropped you."

"What?" Freen asked.

"You're too heavy," she said and chuckled. "Don't worry. I didn't tell anybody what happened that night. My lips were sealed. But yours weren't. Why, though?" She looked at Freen with knitted brows.

"I needed to tell my boyfriend for him to break up with me," Freen said. "But he didn't."

"So, you wanted to break up with him even before that night?" Becky asked again.

Freen sighed and stopped pulling the weeds. She looked at the ground and bit her lower lip.

"Why are you prying into my personal life anyway?" Freen asked.

"Oh, come on," Becky rolled her eyes. "Didn't you want to know what Gulf and I talked about that day?"

Freen was taken aback. She wanted to know about it but was too shy to ask her boyfriend. She gave it a thought and sighed.

"My aunt doesn't like Gulf. The first time she met him was when we were in Senior High. It was his graduation, and he was bullying someone. After that, my aunt told me not to be close to him, to stay away from someone like him." Freen explained. "I hope you didn't tell my aunt that he is my boyfriend."

"I know you haven't told her yet. If so, she wouldn't tease you with Richie," Becky replied. "So, what's the real answer? Do you want to break up with him even before something happened between us?"

"Hm," Freen nodded. "I love him, but I love my aunt more. I don't know what she will say if she finds out that I'm dating the guy she asked me to stay away from."

"But if it weren't for your aunt, you would still date him?" Becky asked.

"Yes. Gulf is a great catch. His looks, intelligence, and physique. Oh my god. He's a perfect 10, Becky." Freen sighed and picked up the flowers they were supposed to plant.

Becky didn't know why she felt hurt after hearing those words from Freen. She wasn't in love with her. She just liked her because she's cute when she teases her. She didn't love Freen, but why did it feel not right?

"Great then," Becky chuckled awkwardly. "He's outside. Talk to him," she said.

"What?" Freen immediately stood up and went outside to see if Gulf was really there.

Becky wasn't lying. He was there, standing in front of their house holding a bouquet.

Freen pulled Gulf aside and scolded him. If her aunt saw him there, she would be doomed.

"Why? Is it wrong to bring my girlfriend flowers?" Gulf asked.

"My aunt would be here any minute now. Go back. Let's just talk tomorrow." Freen pulled him to leave, but he kept coming back. "Gulf, my aunt doesn't like you. If she sees you, she'll definitely kill me!"

"Why? I already changed, Freen. Why don't you tell her that?" Gulf asked.

"Freen?" Deli looked at her niece and Gulf with knitted brows. "What is he doing here?" She went to Freen's side and removed Gulf's hand from Freen.

"Aunt, let me explain." Freen looked at her aunt with teary eyes.

"Babe!" Becky yelled and ran towards Gulf, hugging him tightly.

Freen's eyes widened, as did Deli's. She didn't see this coming.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Deli. I didn't know he would come here." Becky chuckled and caressed Gulf's face. "Next time, don't surprise me. It's humiliating. This is not my house."

"I'm sorry, babe." Gulf lowered his head and gave Becky the flowers. "I'll go ahead. I'm sorry for the inconvenience." He smiled sadly and walked away.

"Is he your boyfriend, Becky?" Deli asked, and she slowly nodded. "He's a delinquent. Good luck."

"Is it true?" Becky asked as if she didn't know. "I thought he was nice. He's a football player at Nexus, Deli. He's also smart. Perhaps, he's changed already?"

"Change? I saw him yesterday buying flowers. It said for his lover." Deli rolled her eyes. "And those aren't the flowers he bought yesterday. Make sure your boyfriend isn't cheating on you, Becky." Deli went inside the house, leaving Freen and Becky dumbfounded.

"He said he was with his mother all day yesterday. All day." Freen whispered. "Is he cheating on me?"

"Call him, Freen. You need to hear it from him. And this flower, do you still want it?" Becky asked.

Freen shook her head. "If you can, hit his face with that." She went inside the house too.

Becky looked at Gulf, who was walking not too far away, so she decided to run and hit him with the flowers.

"What the hell?" Gulf asked.

"Give that to your other lovers. I can buy Freen so many flowers! In fact, we're planting many! Don't come back!" Becky yelled and threw the bouquet at him before going back to help Freen plant flowers again.

Becky returned to the house and saw Deli drinking water. She sadly smiled at her, and Deli told her to come over, so she did.

"I'm sorry for saying that about your boyfriend. You're a great girl, Becky. If you love him, then go. But make sure you're not going to give him all of you, so if he ever leaves you, it won't hurt as much." Deli hugged her. Becky wished Freen could hear this. Her aunt is so kind.